Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crete

• 04-10-2007 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

Going to Crete for a week on Sunday - to Piskipiano. Mostly going to be lazing around but would like to know if there was anywhere you would recommend to go see there? And any nice restaurants? Looking forward to some nice food...and wine!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Girlfriend just got back from Crete and was destroyed by mosquitos. Other than that she said it was a nice place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Poco Loco wrote:
    Going to Crete for a week on Sunday - to Piskipiano. Mostly going to be lazing around but would like to know if there was anywhere you would recommend to go see there? And any nice restaurants? Looking forward to some nice food...and wine!

Where are you staying in Piskopiano? I was there last year. There's a small little restaurant up the back streets, not too far from the village centre. Food is delicious but it is a bit pricy. I thnk it was called Kostas....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

Baldie wrote:
    Where are you staying in Piskopiano? I was there last year. There's a small little restaurant up the back streets, not too far from the village centre. Food is delicious but it is a bit pricy. I thnk it was called Kostas....

That's great thanks! If it's pricey we will treat ourselves one of the nights! We love our food so don't mind too much about the cost :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

Thanks for all of that! Just back and you were right about the mosquitos! But it was worth it - really really nice place. If anyone else is reading this and wondering if it's good - it definitely is. Piskopiano has some lovely more traditional restaurants and then you can go down to Hersonnosis for the lively side of things. Went on a boat trip to Spinalonga too, quite nice but then on to a deserted beach for a swim and a BBQ - unreal, so pretty - give it a go if you see it advertised, well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭shelly6

Poco Loco wrote: »
    Thanks for all of that! Just back and you were right about the mosquitos! But it was worth it - really really nice place. If anyone else is reading this and wondering if it's good - it definitely is. Piskopiano has some lovely more traditional restaurants and then you can go down to Hersonnosis for the lively side of things. Went on a boat trip to Spinalonga too, quite nice but then on to a deserted beach for a swim and a BBQ - unreal, so pretty - give it a go if you see it advertised, well worth it.

Definitely go to Spinalonga. Also Old town part of Herssonosis has some fantastic restaurants - go to the traditional greek night - entertainment on the square and a huge choice of places to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Was in Hersonissos myself last year, best time of my life I swear - amazing place and craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

get drunk...that is all!
    **** place tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

was over ther in july had gr8 crack , u cud rent mopeds maybe , go to star beach brillinat place, plenty of bars around hersonisis , star beach has plently to do . loads of swiming pools lots of activitys

Advertisement