Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM 104 last night

• 04-10-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭

Anybody heare FM 104 last night, they had a woman who said should could talk to dead people in the spiritual world.
    She was using all the usual tricks. It would be funny but she had people ringing up who all sorts of tragic stories, breaking out crying. Presenter, station etc. all went along with it as if everything was legit.

I thought it was sick manipulation of people.

Apparently she is doing live get togethers the next week in Dublin.

I suggest the Skeptics invite her to a meeting.
    Edit: The name of the woman escapes me. It was late at night, and I had to turn off as I thought it was bit sick, especially considering how emotionally distressed some of these people were.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I didn't hear it but I do occasionally stray from Radio 1 and Newstalk and run into that type of show. The last time was on some regional station, I think. I suspect this stuff is a regular feature on radio in this country.

It makes me angry and when I hear it I remember why I don't listen to any other stations (I carefully avoid Roisin Ingle on Newstalk on Saturday mornings too in case I run into similar twaddle).

It should be against the Broadcasting Commission regulations (not to mention against the law, which con-artistry should already be).

Advertisement