Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Escapist Review Of Halo 3

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

humanji wrote:

Not really. The consoles are capable of a hell of a lot more than they are currently being used for, and until their full abilities are exploited PC's will have a slight advantage.

Its swings and roundabouts. They have a slight advantage in having more customisable graphics options, native KB & M support, free online gaming, and the ability to upgrade graphics/ram/cpu but consoles also have the advantage of 100% guaranteed out of the box play and, (aside from a 360 RROD) no hardware issues, no need to tweak config files to get an extra couple of FPS, no wondering if your graphics card will run a certain game or need to update drivers, no crashing issues etc etc.

Its stupid arguing which is better and generally that seems to be what 90% of topics here boil down to. Its retarded. Ive said it before and ill say it again anyone who dismisses a game based purely on what platform it was released on it a fool. Ive no bias toward any machine as i own pretty much all of them and a solid enough PC. People saying they wouldnt play halo 3 because 'the pc has had better games for ages' are missing the point: Its a top notch game and its not getting 10/10 reviews across the board because its crap, its getting them because its one of the best FPS's released in a long time, and just because half life 1 on the PC had amazing AI 10 years ago, doest detract from the fact that halo 3 has amazing AI TODAY, and is a game that any self respecting gamer owes it to themselves to play, regardless of platform bias/preference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's getting 10/10 reviews because microsoft has the money to hire swedish hookers for all the reviewers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

0ubliette wrote:
    Its swings and roundabouts. They have a slight advantage in having more customisable graphics options, native KB & M support, free online gaming, and the ability to upgrade graphics/ram/cpu but consoles also have the advantage of 100% guaranteed out of the box play and, (aside from a 360 RROD) no hardware issues, no need to tweak config files to get an extra couple of FPS, no wondering if your graphics card will run a certain game or need to update drivers, no crashing issues etc etc.

I'm talking about the current offerings for the consoles don't live up to what the consoles are capable of. It's just a matter of time, for example, how ling did it take between the release of the PS2 and the release of ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus?
    0ubliette wrote:
    and just because half life 1 on the PC had amazing AI 10 years ago, doest detract from the fact that halo 3 has amazing AI TODAY,

You haven't had any of you guys driving for you then, have you? :D

Mordeth wrote:
    it's getting 10/10 reviews because microsoft has the money to hire swedish hookers for all the reviewers
    And how does one go about becoming a reviewer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

humanji wrote:

You haven't had any of you guys driving for you then, have you? :D

i kick them out and drive myself :D
    Shouldve specified ENEMY ai... ;)

• Advertisement

Well that we can agree on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

0ubliette wrote:
    and is a game that any self respecting gamer owes it to themselves to play, regardless of platform bias/preference.

dude sure I'd like to give it a go but I'm not going to go out and blow several hundred yoyos on a 360 for the pleasure, no game is worth forking out hundreds of yoyos, unless you have serious cash to burn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Let's not go nuts here, Zero Punctuation is a comical review, but it's got lots of serious points. Yes it does not go into the postitive of halo but that is because it is a critical review, designed to highlight the bad points of the game.

Advertisement