Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availability in rural Cavan

Options
  • 04-10-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

This is a question I've posted here every year for the last 3-4 years and every year I get no satisfaction.

From the broadband providers, that is. Not the good people of boards.ie.

My dad has a company based about half way between Cavan and Cootehill. He's really struggling in that a number of financial services he uses (and has been forced to use) have gone fully online and it's breaking his heart having to use dial-up.

Before I start calling up the relevant providers does anyone know what the state of play is as regards broadband availability (of any kind) to this part of the country.

Any comments and information would be greatly appreciated.

CJ

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

net1 maybe ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Net1, according to their maps have coverage around Tullyvin, better to be on the Cavan town side of it than the Cootehill side.

Digiweb also do wireless in Cootehill and Cavan town.

Cootehill and Cavan town do have eircom enabled broadband exchanges, but its more than likely you are on a more rural exchange, like Tullyvin itself.

Advertisement