Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Life 2 : Orange Box

• 04-10-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to this one. Anyone know when it's released here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Well I for one am not looking forward to it...

Damn Ring of Death :'(

* Runs off crying *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Its available on steam afaik. I want portal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Steam? is this an online store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

On PC, not relevant if you want to get the Xbox 360 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

To answer the original question;
    Wednesday 10th oct on Steam
    Friday 19th oct in the shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Not sure about the PC version, but the 360 version will come with the original HL2 as well, with some enhanced effects. Plus Ep1, Ep2, Portal etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

^Pc version is the same

Its out oct 19th in the shops. Should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

TF2 is available on Steam already and I've already got my monies worth from the Orange Box. Fantastic Deal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Have half-life 2 and episode one already for the P.C but may get this for 360 maybe later on in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Can't wait for this! Just found the achievement list for anyone who's interested. It's huge! 99 achievements! link http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=308

The beat episode one achievement firing only one bullet looks like a tough one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't wait for this. Played through HL2, and some of HL:E1, but my PC was too stubborn to let me finish the latter, so Im just gonna get the Xbox version.

It really is a great value boxset though - puts alot of others to shame. That much content will last ages - single player must be around 30-40 hours worth, as well as countless TF2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

What is the Orange Box package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

half-life 2
    half-life 2:episode one
    half-life 2:episode two
    team fortress 2 (sequel to the best online multiplayer game, forget (s)h(ite)alo).
    portal

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=469&cc=IE for more info about the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

All the information you could ever want here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think I'll get this.
    I tried HL2 on my PC. Ran fine, but steam on dialup broke my heart.
    Never got to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Defo gonna get this for 360. Played HL2 on a 19" screeen. Can't wait to play it on 32"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

So many good games out, so little time to play them. :(

Cremo wrote:
    (s)h(ite)alo).

Oooh, that's clever (sarcastic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Ciaran500 wrote:
    All the information you could ever want here

Were you never told if you've nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
    Cheers Cremo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to buy it, despite finishing the Xbox version of Half Life 2 on the 360 a couple of months ago.
    My biggest regret about this package is the absence of the original Half Life, I mean how much work would it have been to include Half Life and maybe Blue shift too, not to mention the co-operative mission included with the DC edition, just so the whole of Gordons travels are chronicled in one place, seems like a wasted opportunity.
    Still going to buy it though!
    Portal looks sweet, Preys use of a similar premise was poor, this looks much better.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    My biggest regret about this package is the absence of the original Half Life, I mean how much work would it have been to include Half Life and maybe Blue shift too

Gees, five games on a disc and still your not satisfied! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

CiDeRmAn, don't worry about mountain lips' comment, you see.... he's easy! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I remember seeing the ad in Edge for Half Life, the enigmatic page with the lambda symbol and a childs face, very creepy.
    And I waited with fingers crossed for the PC release and was totally blown away, breathtaking, from the monorail (A Monorail?!?) trip to work in the morning to the soldiers absailing out of the osprey to that battle with the Apache, awesome, love to see that updated.
    Those that were there know what I mean when I say its a pity its not in the Orange Box.

Still going to be an essential buy, especially for anyone still living under the delusion that Halo/Quake/Doom/Prey are the greatest FPS since Wolfenstein, HL/HL2 kicks ass.

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Still going to be an essential buy, especially for anyone still living under the delusion that Halo/Quake/Doom/Prey are the greatest FPS since Wolfenstein, HL/HL2 kicks ass.

I'm with you on that!

There is a notion that large maps and non linear emergent gameplay is the future of videogames, but sadly this method sacrifices the story telling ability only a linear game can bring to the table, HalfLife and its sequels are a case and point.
    All the best FPS are, ultimately, linear affairs, now thats not to say that creative uses of available maps isn't encouraged, with different methods available to the player to get from checkpoint to checkpoint, best seen in the Ravenholm sections of HL2, that place scared the beegeezuz out of me! Where was that big feckin' robot when I needed him/her/it?

Agreed, Half life 2 was one of the finest FPS experiences on the old xbox, looking forward to playing through it again with nicer visuals and ep 1 & 2 should kick ass hopefully. Can't wait, not long now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Orange Box, next week, the Pro Evo the week after. Nice nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Pitty Counter Strike isn't in the box. Although that's being greedy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

quite possibly my favourite game of all time, there's nothing more satisfying than shooting a cop on a bridge in the head and hearing a distant beeeeep! confirming his demise:)

hope episode 2 delivers more than 5 hours of gaming (like ep 1)also

anybody hear of any graphices upgrades for xbox360 from the p.c. back in the day at all?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've never played HL2 so I'm really looking forward to this. Portal looks interesting too.

Advertisement