Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Life 2 : Orange Box

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

HL series, best in the world. Looking forward to this like you wouldn't believe. My laptop which I bought with the intention of having specs good enough to play HL2, can't run the other episodes so this is real plus for me that its coming to 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

debating wether to get it for pc or xbox. hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

debating wether to get it for pc or xbox. hmmm

Pc if you can run it.

Better controls, less problems with online for TF2, bigger games for TF2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Unearthly wrote: »
    Pitty Counter Strike isn't in the box. Although that's being greedy :D

what, is it true that Counter Strike isnt in the box? I know i'm being greedy but isnt that a bit weak, not having the best multi-player game in history included? that would almost put me off getting it ... (I said almost!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Puteq wrote: »
    what, is it true that Counter Strike isnt in the box? I know i'm being greedy but isnt that a bit weak, not having the best multi-player game in history included? that would almost put me off getting it ... (I said almost!)
    TF2 > CSS

I got HL2 so long ago that CSS came free with it, I guess now that TF2 is bundled as the multiplayer aspect, peple will have to pay $20 for CSS...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Actually, I was surprised CS:Source isn't in it, I assumed it came with it as HL2 is in the pack. Though anyone that wants it probably has it by now anyway, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Got it for the PC. Tis great. Was only $45 as I pre-ordered. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Yeah it's a missed oppurtunity for the consoles anyway. Guess I'll just have to stick to R6:Vegas as it's the next-best thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Even though im getting this, I honestly dont think it will beat the PC version(ive completed portal and EP2 just this morning) as far as controls and graphics I dont think it will be beat the pc.

But it will be very interesting to see how it goes!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Looking forward to getting this. HL2 is such an epic game, and haven't played any of the Expansion episodes, because I ****in hate Steam. So 360 is the way to go for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

is it worth getting for singleplayer having already finished HL2 on the xbox. I'm not big into multiplayer stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Episode 1 & 2 and Portal are definitely worth buying it for. You might be surprised by TF2, I had gone off multiplayer games recently and TF2 has got me right back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

ONly 4 days, but not sure if i'll get it on launch day. I mean I'll be getting Pro Evo, the week after. MIght make my week go faster, seen as I just finished Halo 3 an hour ago.... Hmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

This is only 61.99 on play.com, is it really that cheap for 5 games in one? Sounds like great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Moiph wrote: »
    This is only 61.99 on play.com, is it really that cheap for 5 games in one? Sounds like great value

Episode 1, 2 and Portal are all quite short, but it's still fantastic value.
    Works out a wee bit cheaper if you order from play-asia as well... (It's region free afaik even though play-asia don't say so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't wait. Looks like I'm not gonna be finishin Halo for a long while now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes it is region free ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

*giggles at statement*

anyway, pc version ftw \o/ long live portal \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Wow Portal must be the most amazing thing ever created for the purpose of amazement. Although Yahtzee also liked Psychonauts. Which was fantastic, but maybe not amazing. Stupid pen trick!
    Portal - Just waiting on Play-asia to get it back in and ship it to me! Anyone have any idea how long their back ordered stock generally takes to come back in stock? My first order with'em you see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Moiph wrote: »

You'll probably be able to pick it up for cheaper than this in one of the high street stores.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh my. A PERFECT review for Portal from Yhatzee?
    I am now excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Half life 2 episode 2 Manchester united 0

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the 360 is starting to piss me off now, there is so many good games coming out for it all at once i just cant afford to buy them all but this im gonna get definitely:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

omg the review video :O

It gave me the same feeling when I finished portal lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Just played up to level 15 on portal. Only took just over an hour, Very good game. Short, byt the achievements would keep you coming back to it. TF2 is great craic. Not too many online tonight even though it is out in the states. Havent even touched HL2 yet:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dazftw wrote: »
    Even though im getting this, I honestly dont think it will beat the PC version(ive completed portal and EP2 just this morning) as far as controls and graphics I dont think it will be beat the pc.

But it will be very interesting to see how it goes!
    same can be said for all fps games that come out on pc and a console*.

*Deus ex 2 is excluded automatically, just thought i'd note it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

whats all this ive been hearing that the 360 version of HL2 is just a port of the xbox 1 version???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Has the street date on this been broken anywhere in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Great review on zeropunctuation (he normally slates stuff)

Advertisement