Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Life 2 : Orange Box

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

there's a chance to win a copy of the game in tomorrow's Daily Mirror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gonzo wrote: »
    the 360 is starting to piss me off now, there is so many good games coming out for it all at once i just cant afford to buy them all but this im gonna get definitely:)

Yeah, we should all petition Microsoft, please only release 4 games a year in future. The choice is getting silly.

Here's a tip, get a job or something! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Yeah, we should all petition Microsoft, please only release 4 games a year in future. The choice is getting silly.

Here's a tip, get a job or something! ;)

LOL dont listen to him! If you get a job, you'll have the money to buy games but not the time to play them!!!

Anyway - I have a question maybe someone can answer - lets say hypothetically I go and buy the Orange box in a shop or on the net, will it come with a new steam account that I will have to use for TF2? Cos then my existing steam account would have CS:S on it, but if I wanted to switch over to TF2 I would need to log out and in again! I assume if I went ahead and bought Orange box I could get the contents of it attached to my existing steam account? and yes I know it would be simpler to just buy it via steam with my existing account but if it is cheaper on the net then thats the option i'd rather go for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Puteq wrote: »
    LOL dont listen to him! If you get a job, you'll have the money to buy games but not the time to play them!!!

Anyway - I have a question maybe someone can answer - lets say hypothetically I go and buy the Orange box in a shop or on the net, will it come with a new steam account that I will have to use for TF2? Cos then my existing steam account would have CS:S on it, but if I wanted to switch over to TF2 I would need to log out and in again! I assume if I went ahead and bought Orange box I could get the contents of it attached to my existing steam account? and yes I know it would be simpler to just buy it via steam with my existing account but if it is cheaper on the net then thats the option i'd rather go for...

Surely this is a Pc-related question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ah Portal, how brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Ah Portal, how brilliant!

Your playing it early :O

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Playing it since wed and its class. Missed out on Half Life before because my pc wouldnt play it and i never had an xbox for long enough. Making up for it now though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't wait to get it today, only played it on the original Xbox and it blew me away. Ravenholme is one of the best levels ever designed, up there with the Shalebridge Cradle in Thief III and level 7 in Halo 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was really looking forward to this, but i'm gonna have to wait for the PS3 version, just don't trust my damned xbox to keep working long enough for me to enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ok anyone know where the cheapest place to buy it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Fieldog wrote: »
    Surely this is a Pc-related question?

Er ... yes you are absolutely right, sorry I didnt realise what forum I was in

<shuffles away to look for PC forum ... >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It will add to your current steam account and I'd be suprised if you found it cheaper in a shop/online this soon after release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

My 360 is in getting repairs fuc*ing cun*s

Was really looking forward to this

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

fecking slow germans!

ntlbell wrote: »
    My 360 is in getting repairs fuc*ing cun*s

Was really looking forward to this

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

fecking slow germans!

i sent mine off for repair at the start of september, had it back exactly 1 week and it broke again. sent it off begining of october, got it back yesterday. turned it on last night and within 2 minutes i had three flashing red lights.

turned it off, and then back on a while later. was playing PGR4 for about an hour last night and it was working ok. Not confident enough to go out and spend the cash on Orange Box though, will give it another couple of weeks.... bloody crap MS.

Tauren wrote: »
    i sent mine off for repair at the start of september, had it back exactly 1 week and it broke again. sent it off begining of october, got it back yesterday. turned it on last night and within 2 minutes i had three flashing red lights.

turned it off, and then back on a while later. was playing PGR4 for about an hour last night and it was working ok. Not confident enough to go out and spend the cash on Orange Box though, will give it another couple of weeks.... bloody crap MS.

Wow, how can this still be happening.

I would of thought by now they would have gotten this down to a T.

Did you get anything from MS for your troubles?

Wow, how can this still be happening.

I would of thought by now they would have gotten this down to a T.

Did you get anything from MS for your troubles?

nope - i was told next time i send my console off (not that there will be a next time, of course, obvioulsy...) I will get a free game. Personally I would prefer if they gave me a console that works.

Damn annoying having the thing, but being to unsure of it to buy games like HL2: Orange Box. I reckon i would take the risk if it was Mass Effect though!:D

Tauren wrote: »
    nope - i was told next time i send my console off (not that there will be a next time, of course, obvioulsy...) I will get a free game. Personally I would prefer if they gave me a console that works.

Damn annoying having the thing, but being to unsure of it to buy games like HL2: Orange Box. I reckon i would take the risk if it was Mass Effect though!:D

After the second time I was under the impression you can demand a brand new one boxed.

were you constantly getting back your own xbox or was it a refurb?

After the second time I was under the impression you can demand a brand new one boxed.

were you constantly getting back your own xbox or was it a refurb?

Got the same 360 back and repaired each time.

If i have to send it back again i'll try to kick up a fuss and see what i can get from them. Would love to get one of the new model premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Anyone buy it is a shop today yet? How much did you get it for? Checked Smyths and its €70!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think thats the norm.
    I assume its €63 (€70 - 10%) with the loyalty card....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

mise wrote: »
    Anyone buy it is a shop today yet? How much did you get it for? Checked Smyths and its €70!

What? I thought it was €10 cheaper then other 360 games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

€70 in Xtravision too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

70 in Gamestop also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Unless Virgin do their usual of selling new releases for €55 this won't be added to my collection for a long time.

Its €70 in Virgin and HMV on Grafton Street havent got it in yet!!

Edit: and in good aul' reliable GAME its €75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm just gonna wait for Play-asia to get it back in. 37 euro sounds a lot better. I've no shortage of games to play till then.

Yeah I probably will too. The US version works out at round €45 on play-asia. Is there a cheaper version?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah I probably will too. The US version works out at round €45 on play-asia. Is there a cheaper version?

Yeah the Asian version. Including shipping it comes to about 37 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

HMV on Grafton Street havent got it in yet!!

They had it at 12.30

70 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

still worth 70 euros tbh, well i'd still be happy if i paid 70 euros for the pc version.

Advertisement