Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Life 2 : Orange Box

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

shortys94 wrote: »
    Whats cheapest shop to get it in? 70 in smyths!

On release day 70 was the cheapest I could find it in town, but you can get 10% of that if you are a student or have a loyalty card.

Played TF2 for the first time last night and really enjoyed it, even if I was a bit crappy at it. Played two games - one was very laggy, other ran perfectly. All depends on the host I suppose. It is certainly a far more balanced, varied and exciting multiplayer than Halo.

And Episode 2... ah a wonderful continuation that reminds me why the HL series is so far above any other single player FPS on the market.

Overall though, I have no doubt that this is the most exciting, best value for money game in the last five years at least. Game(s) of the year by some margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Cool thanks, I will probably end up getting it online if I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

shortys94 wrote: »
    Whats cheapest shop to get it in? 70 in smyths!

Is t region free, was thinking about www.videogamesplus.ca if I want to get online because their shipping only takes 3 days usually.

I got it for €59.99 in Xtra Vision. The box had €69.99 on it. I just got may change and walked quickly before it was noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

koneko wrote: »
    Portal is perfection.
    I wish I could erase my memory of it and play it all over again.

My words exactly... The game is genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What's the story with Team Fortress 2? Is it only for online gaming or can you play solo without being connected to xbox live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its a great game but the controls are buggy as hell compared to halo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What's the story with Team Fortress 2? Is it only for online gaming or can you play solo without being connected to xbox live?

Yeah online only - not even a training / tutorial mode. Seems a bit daunting at first, and it will take one or two games to get used to it.

When you do, be prepared for the finest online multiplayer in Xbox Live. The more I play, the more fantastic it becomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Right, Portal.... Quite Possibly the BEST game i've ever played. It is amazing, such a simple slick game. It is absolutly flawless, even the end credits song is fantastic. Justifies the price of the Orange box in itself...

Now to start HL2 from the begining.... again ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

unklerosco wrote: »
    Now to start HL2 from the begining.... again ;-)

Apparently not a good idea. When you play the 3 games back to back it can get a bit tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I tried 4 shops in Rathfarnham and none of them had it.
    People in xtravision and harvey norman didn't even know what the orange box was and had never heard of it.

So Ive tried argos(not in their catalogue anyway),golden discs, harvey norman and xtra vision.
    I thought it would be easy to find but not here anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement