Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America for a year

• 04-10-2007 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey,

I am trying to go to america for a year and havent a clue how to go about it.
    can anyone tell me how i get a job there, a visa and a place to stay.
    i was thinking of going to Boston but i dont have to if i find a job elsewhere.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

Did you finish College?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tmac101

No, i didnt. is that goin to make it harder?
    i work full time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

it will be difficult to be able to legally stay and work in America for a year. You'd need to find a company that would sponsor you for a hb1 visa. And having finsihed college would definitly help with that.

if you are exceptional at something and have national recocogition you could try for an o visa.

or a form of j visa if you wished to study.

other than winning a green card in the diversity lottery you're pretty much screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tmac101

awww no, thats totally burst my bubble!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

it will be difficult to be able to legally stay and work in America for a year. You'd need to find a company that would sponsor you for a hb1 visa. And having finsihed college would definitly help with that.

if you are exceptional at something and have national recocogition you could try for an o visa.

or a form of j visa if you wished to study.

other than winning a green card in the diversity lottery you're pretty much screwed.

That pretty much sums it up I'm afraid....

• Advertisement
Advertisement