Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epileptic

Options
  • 04-10-2007 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

The joke "What do you do when someone has a fit in the bath? Chuck in your washing" offends me greatly. I had a cousin who died that way.

He choked on a sock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

ROFLMAO! Excellent :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Genius! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Zing! That's a goodie...:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Very good,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

oh boy good one :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭hotnipples

ROFL..

Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Someone care to explain that for me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Chuckling in front of the pc, staff members looking at me!

well done, me likes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Classic. Just for that you're gonna get 5 smiley faces from me. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homer

An Englishman on holiday in Texas.
    He wanders into a local bar and has a good few beers.
    After a while, he notices there's one of those mechanical bulls in the corner and he asks the barman if he can have a go.
    The barman not only says yes but grabs a mic and procedes to make a big show out of it. Englishman on a good ol' Texan bull, etc.

The Englishman climbs on and the bull starts moving.
    "No one's ever made it past 5 minutes on their first try, Limey!" someone shouts.
    But the Englishman sails through the 5-minute mark. He blasts past 10 and 15 and even 20 minutes, still holding on just fine.
    The crowd is awestruck. He's fast approaching the World Record.
    The barman cranks the bull up to 11 and it goes apesh1t. But the plucky Englishman hangs on in there.
    Eventually, after 45 minutes, the bull breaks down and comes to a halt. The crowd are cheering and whooping as the barman grabs the hand of the sweating Englishman and shoves the mic in his face.
    "Holy Goddam sh1t boy! You done broke the World Record by a clear 15 minutes! How'd you do that?"
    The Englishman replies, "Easy. My wife's an epileptic. And if you can ride her for 5 minutes, you can ride this bastard for an hour!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Knowing several people with this condition and nearly witnessing one of them die I don not find these types of jokes remotely humourous, aren't these types of jokes banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

industria wrote:
    The joke "What do you do when someone has a fit in the bath? Chuck in your washing" offends me greatly. I had a cousin who died that way.

He choked on a sock.

It's told kind of badly. Hears one I read earlier:
    b3ta.com wrote:
    I was in a pub and told the following joke:

What do you do if an epileptic has a fit in the bath?

Throw your clothes in so they get a wash.

Once the guffawing of my friends had died down, I became aware of a man on the other side of the bar, looking quite choked and talking to the landlord. The landlord came over to me and told me that the gentleman at the bar had recently lost his son and that my joke had offended him. I thought I should apologise. I approached the gentleman at the bar and offered my condolences for his loss and my apologies if my joke had upset him. He said that the joke had only got to him because his son was an epileptic and it was a fit which killed him.

I wondered as to how a fit could actually kill someone and the man said that his son had slipped and hit his head and that was what had killed him. I asked where his son had slipped and the man said it was in the bath. Well, I realised then how inappropriate my joke had been in the circumstances.

"Did your son hit his head on a tap then?" I asked.

"No," replied the man; "he choked on one of my socks".

Understand it now?

Advertisement