Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clematis plants overrun with brownfly, whitefly and greenfly!!!

Options
  • 04-10-2007 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice on how to deal with an aphid problem.

8 clematis climbers in my garden are being destroyed by a colony of pests. I've tried spraying with an organic spray ("bayer organic pest spray") but it doesn't seem to have any effect. 6 of the plants are in a sorry state. There are numerous brownflies near the flower buds and new shoots of each plant with white flies on the surface of the leaves and what look like tiny black spots on the undersides (the eggs?). I'm at my wits end as nothing seems to affect the feckers.

I'm not too keen on using any chemical insecticides as I'm wary of killing off bees and such.

So can anyone recommend a tried and tested (preferably bee and other beneficial insect friendly) product, method for ridding my clematis plants of these pests?

Advertisement