Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Alter Bridge out tomorrow.

• 04-10-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am. Have heard four tracks off of it already and loved them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

new album out tomorrow, cool. Did not know this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Blackbird? As far as I'm aware it's out in Europe on Oct 10th and the US Oct 9th. I've pre-ordered my copy on Play with the bonus track so hopefully I'll have it on launch day. The album has also been leaked but it's meant to be of passable quality so I'm staying clear of it.

Guitarist magazine reviewed it in their last issue and summed it up by saying "This album provides conclusive proof that Alter Bridge are the greatest rock band on the planet right now."
    Kerrang also reviewed it giving 3/5 however the review itself is total bull****. Any time they talked about the music they loved it however half of the article was the usual "love them / hate them" and "former members of Creed" crap so I guess it's a good thing.

The video for Rise Today is also on Launch and can be watched here.

Anyway yea, can't bloody wait to get it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is in the HMV storeroom as we speak. UK release date is next Monday, Irish release is in the morning. New releases come out on the Friday in Ireland, and on the following Monday in the UK.

Looking forward to having it blast in the car tomorrow.

Any idea if it's the version with the "We Don't Care At All" bonus track? If so then I'm cancelling my pre-order right now. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Excellent. I look forward to this. Didn't even know they were releasing a new album. Can't wait. I was very impressed with One Day Remains. Nice mix of everything.

• Advertisement

Just picked up the Special Edition (the only one in Europe) for €19.99 in HMV, new headphones should be here within the hour so I'm sitting on my hands till then.

Those of who you can wait it's on Play for €13.99. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cool. Might order it now.

Just over halfway through the album but had to post after listening to the title track...its just awesome. The album as a whole has been fantastic so far. Production is great, guitars sounds perfect, vocals are powerful and the bass and drums fit in perfectly too.

Highly recommended obviously. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Loving it, picked up the special edition this morning and am on my second listen. Much better album than the first, which I really liked.

Just got the extra track from the US edition too, The Damage Done. Pretty cool however just like the UK song you can tell why it's a B-side, it just doesn't really fit with the tone of the rest of the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Listening to the album right now and I'm really impressed. A step up from their previous album and that wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Been to London twice just to see these guys live... They are that good!!!:D

Does it shock anyone else how small a following they have??:(

Were you at the first ULU show they did? Absolutly epic gig and even met the band before it. So glad I managed to land a recording of the gig on eBay afterwards too.

As for their following well yes and no. Yes in the sense that they are clearly one of the best rock bands out there at the moment. But no given that their brand of rock isn't exactly what people are listening too. You also have the fact that they are constantly referred to as "the guys from Creed" which is enough to tarnish their name. They do have a loyal following in Europe though, as is evident by the fact they sell out their shows extremely quickly whenever they play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

gizmo wrote:
    Were you at the first ULU show they did? Absolutly epic gig and even met the band before it. So glad I managed to land a recording of the gig on eBay afterwards too.

Sadly not!! I've seen them twice in The Astoria, like it as a venue, just a giant pit.

As sad as it may sound I was singin along with Open Your Eyes just before the solo last time and Tremonti smiled at me! :D Also, Myles sang Hallelujah accompanying himself on guitar, my sister had tears rolling down her cheeks! Absolutely beautiful. Such an amazing band live, it's sick how good they are!!

Playing Saturday 26th of Jan, again in The Astoria, I'm there!!!!

Hrm, must dig my pics of the gig up, we were right in front of Tremonti for the gig, twas absolutly awesome! They were kinda blown away by the crowds reaction though, the album hadn't even been released in Europe and everyone was singing along to every song, you could definitly see they appreciated it anyway.

Yea, dito. Really wanted to go to the gig last month but couldn't find anyone available to go with. Have a group ready for the next one though so will definitly be there! :)

Advertisement