Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 2003 XT - Trade in value ??

Options
  • 04-10-2007 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi folks,

Looking to trade in Peugeot 2003 XT 5-door (30k) China Blue - V.Good condition. NCT due next month.

I was Looking to trade upto a 2005/2006 307 SW.

Rathdown Motors gave me a trade in value of €8k .... couldn't believe it :eek:

Had a look at CARZONE.IE and similar 307's (2003) to mine have asking values in and around €12½ - €13k.

Anybody have any idea as to what I should be looking for because I haven't a clue. Should it be : TradeInValue --> (CARZONE price - 2k) ... or something like that. I know dealers don't give you as good a deal but I thought this was a rip off.

Also, I know the 308 is out soon but i'm trading a 307 for a 307 (bigger and newer) but the new model should still have the same impact.

Need help! Recommended dealers in Dublin? Probable asking price etc.

Thanks in advance
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think it's worth around 8 as well. I offered €6.5 for a similar 02 today. They're impossible to shift. andf the prices on Carzone are far too high.
    That said the local Peugeot dealer beat me by €,1000 on the trade in price on the 02.

Try and find an SW from a non Peugeot dealer and look at the cost to change rather than the trade in figure. Peugeots are a good bit cheaper outside of their dealer network.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My uncle got €12k trade in for his 2003 one last January. Though it only had 19k miles. :eek: And he was trading it for a brand new Passat Comfortline.

The dealer probably was a little more generous on the trade-in than if he was buying another 307.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 DublinAl

Thanks guys,

Rathdown Motors: €8k,
    Appleyard: €9k
    Mongey Plunkett: €11k ... so far

I see what you're saying Ken about trying the whole dealer market rather than simply Peugeot dealers. Also it is the trade up bottom line that counts. No point in getting 11k and getting stung for 2k at the other end!

I would've thought that all the dealers would be trying to ditch the SW's since the 308 sw is out soon but I suppose the same could be said for the non-sw 307.

I'll be ringing around over the weekend and will keep everybody posted as to what the best deal may be.

Any other suggestions would be great

eg: Due the NCT, should I get that done before I try selling it or should i let the dealer sort it.

It needs a service ... should I fork out money on this or let the dealer do it!

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you think the car will pass the NCT without costing you much then definately do it. Don't bother servicing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 DublinAl

thnx Colm

• Advertisement
Advertisement