Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house not ready

Options
  • 04-10-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all

We were supposed to move into our new house next week.

Two weeks ago we asked the builder to level the floors in two rooms. There was a large bump in the middle of the floors. Our wooden flooring guy recommended getting the bump ground out and using leveling compound in some other places. They said no prob.
    I called them on Monday and I was told it had been completed and the house was ready for re checking the snag list.

Anyway the company checked the snag today and called me.
    The snag hasn't been finished, the floors have been dug up with a jack hammer and they were still digging when he was there. There is dust everywhere and the engineer thinks that the house will have to be repainted. :mad:

They have scratched the granite worktops as well. :mad: :mad:

It looks like we will be homeless for longer than we thought we are not going to move in until we are happy with the condition of the house.

Can anyone suggest what we can do to put more pressure on these guys to get things finished?

Thanks

Advertisement