Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have Voice, Will Travel...

• 04-10-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hiya

I'm a singer and songwriter recently moved to Ireland from the States. I have been looking for places to play - pretty much anywhere. So far I have been invited to a couple of Open Mics/Showcases - and I have one solo gig. A friend of mine who is pretty well known has also invited me to open for him for some of his gigs while he's here - other than that, however I am having a difficult time finding places to play - I am coming from the cafe/coffehouse scene in Seattle, where you play for an hour to an hour and a half and either get paid or play for a suggested donation. Is there anything similar here? Or even anything different - I just want to sing and put myself out there! :-)

I would also love to open for a more established local artist or two or three - if anyone needs an opening act!

You can hear me and my songs on my MySpace page - http://www.myspace.com/niceolblue

Thanks a mil!

- Niceol Blue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eoghan-strange

Hey there,I'm a singer/songwriter from Limerick.I know of a few venues that openly embrace new music.Unfortunately alot of them prefer to have bands as opposed to Singer/songwriter types.Although,If I could get enough interest I might try and press them for an acoustic night.If we got enough support I could probably press for a regular acoustic slot.
    If You would be up for it,and I could get more people onboard then I'd make the calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

That sounds great! I'm totally up for it. I'll be based out of Galway - but I am willing to travel around - in fact I expect it! :-)

Thanks a mil, and let me know!

- Niceol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

There are a fair few places around Dublin, but that's a bit out of the way I guess. Not too sure about paying musicians, Ireland seems to be pretty poor in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 eoghan-strange

So I've been looking around Limerick,so far none of the places I've been chatting with want an acoustic night.I have no idea why.I think it'd be really popular.
    Anyway.Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

So...any advice for a singer/songwriter wanting to get some paying gigs in and around Galway City? Or even further out?
    As I said before, I don't have a car, but anywhere the bus goes, I can go too! :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement