Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access soccer forum

Options
  • 04-10-2007 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Ok, I cannot get into it? I have been a member for about 4 months, and have been an active enough member, also I have not being involved in any 'war of words'.

Sort it out lads.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sort it out lads.

That type of comment won't help your cause anyway.

Have you PM'd any of the Soccer mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I meant it as a joke.

Also, if I did something that merited a banning, then I accept it, but I can't think of anything I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

PM one of the soccer mods. (Thanx 4 The Fish, KdjaCL, or psi)

edit: Ah I see you are on the banlist there, not sure why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Ruu wrote:

edit: Ah I see you are on the banlist there, not sure why though.

Perhaps the precogs saw something? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

drunken posting ftw!!!

I didnt know why he was banned but do now :D

kdjac

I think that banning may be slightly harsh, it was just a response to people undermining Rangers win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So equating celtic to DA 'RA is a bannable offense over on soccer? Where does it say that in the charter. Bunch of power hungry soccer-Nazis (oh yes i went there) oppressing the working man. Stalin would be turning in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Boston wrote:
    So equating celtic to DA 'RA is a bannable offense over on soccer? Where does it say that in the charter. Bunch of power hungry soccer-Nazis (oh yes i went there) oppressing the working man. Stalin would be turning in his grave.

I'm not sure but using the word scum is. Esteban jumped on the anti-Celtic bandwagon for absolutely no reason. From what I've seen, the Celtic and Rangers fans in the soccer forum get on really well together and that kind of crap isn't called for. Just my 2 cents.

• Advertisement

An Citeog, you really need to learn how to read Bostons posts properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was just going to start a thread earlier today - titled "Why have I not been banned" as it has been so quiet here for the last few days. Now we have the usual nonsense of someone claiming that he cant access the soccer forum and he suffers from selective amnesia.

This thread has now wrecked my idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

6th wrote:
    An Citeog, you really need to learn how to read Bostons posts properly.

Yeah, probably should have done that, I kinda didn't read the last 2 sentences. Really need to brush up on the aul' speed reading! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Boston is always being misunderstood ...

even by Boston! :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dont you just love those morning when you wake up and vaguely remember, there was a pub last night I remember that much and there was that girl and what happened then? Oh yeah, the club and then back to my place, and we got bizzah and there was something about her, and I remember we were arguing and then he left and I...

:eek:

DeV.

estebancambibas claims that he does not drink.

I know this because before he was permanently banned from AH, I asked him if he was drunk when he started the offending thread. I was willing to just lock the thread and be done with it if he had been drinking.*

*Not setting a precedence here. It was a one off and it seemed to me that he was under the influence at the time.

My opinion is that he is a troll of the highest order and is quite close to a site ban.
    If I was an Smod, he would be long gone.

DeVore, that happened me this morning. :D

DeVore wrote:
    Dont you just love those morning when you wake up and vaguely remember, there was a pub last night I remember that much and there was that girl and what happened then? Oh yeah, the club and then back to my place, and we got bizzah and there was something about her, and I remember we were arguing and then he left and I...

DeV.

I was that Girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Terry wrote:
    estebancambibas claims that he does not drink.
    Based on what I've seen of his posts I doubt that he is old enough to drink, legally anyway.
    Terry wrote:
    My opinion is that he is a troll of the highest order and is quite close to a site ban.
    QFT - Put manners on him Terry!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Boston wrote:
    I was that Girl.

No wonder he's blanked it out :D

Terry wrote:

If he keeps it up, I'm not seeing him last much longer around here.
    He's a troll, a 17 year old troll so I've allowed him a certain amount of leeway based on his tender years and perhaps in the vain hope that he might cop on.. I'm being naive, aren't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Beruthiel wrote:
    I'm being naive, aren't I?
    You're just showing your faith in the human race. :D

• Advertisement

Beruthial wrote:
    I'm being naive, aren't I?
    He was banned from AH for trolling.
    In good faith and because he asked nicely, I lifted the ban half an hour early. (It was 11.30pm)
    He was permanently banned less than an hour later.
    nesf did the dirty deed, but only because myself and Giblet were drunk at the time and Karoma was elsewhere. The four of us agreed on the permanent ban.

I wouldn't say you are being naive, just extremely patient.

Upon reflection, perhaps a one year ban?

How about you lift the ban when you're convinced his character has changed. That seems fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I think DeV should take an active modding role in the new Comedy/Stand-up forum :)

I'm 18.

If I was a troll, would I not create a new account to get into AH?

The simple fact is on both the wrestling/football/fitness boards I have not 'trolled' at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The simple fact is on both the wrestling/football/fitness boards I have not 'trolled' at all.

Might I suggest that you extend that attitude to the rest of this site before I do as others suggest and site ban you.

"Both" suggests 2 but you've named 3 forums ... just thought I'd mention that >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Terry wrote:
    He was banned from AH for trolling.
    In good faith and because he asked nicely, I lifted the ban half an hour early. (It was 11.30pm)
    He was permanently banned less than an hour later.
    nesf did the dirty deed, but only because myself and Giblet were drunk at the time and Karoma was elsewhere. The four of us agreed on the permanent ban.

I wouldn't say you are being naive, just extremely patient.

Upon reflection, perhaps a one year ban?

do you have to be drunk to mod on AH, or is it just that AH drives you to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Gee... That's real big of you.

But what of the other fora that you've been banned from? Do you still consider that your posts there were acceptable?

My ban from AH was crazy, and uncalled for. My Special Olympics thread, was to get peoples opinions, I never knew people were so withdrawn and politically correct in their views

I accept my LC banning, as the OP did not deserve the attack.

The soccer thread banning was also as they say OTT to be quite honest.

People got upset with my Tim McVeigh topics, yet there is a thread at the moment about some women killing a mother and taking her baby. I find that quite a sensetive subject.

*Just to note, I have accepted the ban from AH*

• Advertisement

Have a look at your bans to time on Boards ratio ..... see a problem?

Advertisement