Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access soccer forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Where can I view such a stat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you can't, really, 6th just keeps statistics for his personal pleasure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

How the hell has that Pighead guy never been banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

6th's point is (& correct me if I'm wrong 6th) - You've only been here since January '07 yet you have managed to cop yourself quite a few bans in that time, including 1 permaban from AH. And an AH permaban takes beating considering the amount of muppetry that goes on there. That's quite an achievement (for want of a better word) when most posters never get a ban at all. (I've only one under my belt & intend on keeping it that way.)

The upshot is that you are quite obviously not learning from your mistakes.

So, answer me this - Why should the mods continue to put up with someone who is only going to cause them trouble? Why should other posters have to continue to read troll-y posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Got-it-in-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

board.ie would collapse in the morning without him ;)

Actually Pighead is Clouds dual acount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pighead doesn't really exist. He's a composite account used by the S-Mods to post anonymously.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

tbh wrote:
    do you have to be drunk to mod on AH, or is it just that AH drives you to it?
    I can't speak for the others, but I was already a drunk before I started modding AH.
    My ban from AH was crazy, and uncalled for. My Special Olympics thread, was to get peoples opinions, I never knew people were so withdrawn and politically correct in their views
    [cough] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055157669&referrerid=&highlight=
    What do people think of this event? I really want to abstain from my real views on it, to avoid a banning.

I think on one side it's great, for the genuinely talented people who have had defects of some sort, but I have a problem with the brain dead retards(in it's true sense of the word) being praised for just competing.

I think this is an extremely AH thread.

No offence was meant by this thread..
    You wanted to abstain from your real views, but you thought the emboldened part was alright?
    The soccer thread banning was also as they say OTT to be quite honest.
    That was definite trolling.
    People got upset with my Tim McVeigh topics, yet there is a thread at the moment about some women killing a mother and taking her baby. I find that quite a sensetive subject.
    Your constant references to Timothy McVeigh did not belong in AH. They belonged in the conspiracy theories forum.
    You were told this, but continued to rant about him anyway.
    The thread about the woman who killed a mother and stole her baby does not contain any conspiracies about covering up the truth.
    *Just to note, I have accepted the ban from AH*
    That's nice of you.

The simple fact is on both the wrestling/football/fitness boards I have not 'trolled' at all.
    You have a keen interest in the subjects you mentioned.
    AH is a catch all forum, so it seems to me that you thought you could come in there and rant away, get banned and still have access to the forums that interest you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

6th wrote:
    Actually Pighead is Clouds dual acount.

Disturbingly similar to my own thoughts. Get out of my HEAD :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Its not your head you want me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

*sigh*.

You claimed to have read the soccer charter and agreed to abide by the rules there in (I can pull up the post where you specifically agreed to this if you really, really want). In return for this, I gave you access to the soccer forum.

You then violated the charter, thus reneging on your agreement and in return your soccer access was removed.

In some cases, I have sympathy with people when they get banned for what they think is an acceptable comment.

In this case you used a term that was specifically stated in the charter as being an abusive term. Seeing as you did read the charter (right?) you only have yourself to blame and coming crying about it here just makes me think that you shouldn't have gotten access to begin with.

Given the actual intent of your post, the mod who banned you is undecided on whether you're getting back in again or not.

Advertisement