Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a cat spayed

• 04-10-2007 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Thinking of getting a kitten for my better half (she's been searching the net for kittens for the past few weeks, and I'm finally getting the hint). Anyway, the said kitten will need to be spayed / neutered when at the correct age. Can anyone recommend a vet in Waterford that is reasonably priced? How much am I looking at?

Thanks in advance.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Waterford SPCA run a scheme where they will subsidise the neutering (they go halves on it, I think). As far as I know they give you a voucher and tell you which vet to go to.

Their number is 051 841432 (according to the ISPCA website).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Great, thanks Gadgie. I'll give them a call tomorrow.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Gadgie wrote:
    Waterford SPCA run a scheme where they will subsidise the neutering (they go halves on it, I think). As far as I know they give you a voucher and tell you which vet to go to.

Their number is 051 841432 (according to the ISPCA website).

We took in a stray cat that was on our street for about 6 months, but everyone thought he belonged to someone else and the poor thing had been surviving by going from house to house going in through cat flaps and helping himself to whatever food he could get :D The vet reckoned he was about 2 or 3 years old and he's a most affectionate pet. We already have a female cat and they get on very well together.

Once another neighbour found out that he was a stray we decided to keep him. She put us in contact with the SPCA and we got a voucher so only had to pay €20 or €25.

The vet they recommended is the one by the Three Shippes, think it's called the Pet Hospital and I think the vets name is Tadgh. He's very nice.

Most vets and the SPCA's often have adverts of kittens and cats looking for a good home and they are usually free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

I thought it said sprayed...........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

eldeabroad wrote:

pml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

eldeabroad wrote:

rofl :D

Thanks deisemum by the way for the useful info - appreciated. :)

Advertisement