Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Documentary - Volunteers Required

• 04-10-2007 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I'm doing film in College and I have to make a short documentary by Christmas this year. I'm considering doing it on tattooing and some aspects surrounding it. I haven't finalised the details yet but if I get to go ahead and make it I'll need a few people to talk about their tattooes, what they'd like done. Positives/negatives of the whole thing, etc., as well as maybe someone getting a new tattoo done.
    Basically just wondering if anyone here would be willing to do it. Dublin based preferably or even if you're up for a day shopping or something we could film you then, wouldn't be a long interview/shoot/whatever as it will be a short documentary. So any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I love being on camera! Lawl! I'd totally be up for it, I've had quite a bit of modding done over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

y'no,if id seen this before i went out, meeting you in person woulda been more exciting :P actually, seeing your sig woulda jogged my memory a bit better...

anywho, if you're really really stuck, ill take part, but otherwise, im quite happy being hte opposite side of the camera to fantasy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Make sure to put it up on youtube or something similar... would be nice to have something out there to dismiss the still common belief that only thugs and scumbags get tattoos.:rolleyes:
    Afraid I don't like cameras and they don't like me (*winces as one hits me in the head* ;) ) so I won't be available for interview but good luck none-the-less, hope it works out.
    Come to think of it maybe you should just bring the camera to the next T&P beers, ply them with alcohol to get the folks on camera.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

If I'm getting Led Zep tickets I'll be getting more symbols. At the mo I've only got the Jimmy Page one but I said if I get the tickets I'm getting the other 3. So I'd be up for it but can't guarantee I'll be getting any more ink for a while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'l be getting more ink once i get the money,im very broke,I spent 300 yesterday i dont have:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted on it. And btw, meeting me is always exciting.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I handed in 2 proposal for documentaries, including this one and I think my lecturer prefers the other one (documenting a band preparing for a gig). So I don't think I 'll get to make this one. Thanks to everyone who offered their time for the project but unless my lecturer has a sudden change of heart I reckon this one's not going ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Pfhh. Who's making the documentary...... you or your lecturer? Stand up for yourself man! OR tell him your doing the Band one and do the Tattoo one. ;)

I'm required to make one documentary this semester and a fictional film next semester. I'm not particularly into documentaries so I'm just going to make which ever one gets the most marks for the least hassle so I can go make a film next semester. I'm sure a more ardent documentary maker would fight against being forced into making one or the other but I'm not so pushed about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Pft, you'll never be the next Michael Moore with that attitiude!:rolleyes::D

Good luck with the documentary anyway, hopefully you'll have no trouble tracking down a willing band to participate and be your subject of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I can probably help with both if you need it. In a reasonably sized touring band and into tattoo's.

Actually, 20 bulls would be a lot better than the band I proposed (You're in Dublin, You play regularly, You play hardcore! etc) If you boys would be up for it pm me. We can stick in gratuatious tattoo shots everywhere too.

Advertisement