Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this sensible?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

There should be no reason you couldn't use it everyday - thats supposedly whats so great about the 911 - its an everyday supercar.

Whats kind of mileage are you doing ?
    Do you sit in traffic for hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

pics pics!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

unkel wrote:
    No need. Well not just yet. Drive it for 2 years, keep it in good condition and sell it for what you paid. Win win situation :D

+1.

Keep her Anan1, and sell v e r y s l o w l y.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I don't use the car for work, so my total mileage is maybe 6-8k pa, none of it in rush hour. How do I post pics? i have one or two, but don't they have to be hosted somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:
    How do I post pics? i have one or two, but don't they have to be hosted somewhere?

Reply to this thread and then click on the little icon that looks like a paperclip. It will let you browse your computer for the file (picture) which will then be attached to your post

• Advertisement

OK, let's see if this works..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

Convince your girlfriend to buy it off you. She'll be happy you still have the A8 and you'll still have access to the Porsche - problem solved!

GB15 wrote:
    Convince your girlfriend to buy it off you. She'll be happy you still have the A8 and you'll still have access to the Porsche - problem solved!
    This may not be very PC, but I don't think a woman could drive it. Certainly not a small one anyway. By today's standards, the controls are unbelievably heavy. No power steering, a clutch that wants to put your leg back through your abdomen, the gearchange is like pulling the levers on a steam engine. Even the brakes are heavy. All that said, I do like your thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Do you know I very nearly wrote a 911 SC off one time.

Approaching a set of lights onto a busy carriageway at an enthusiastic pace when I pressed the pedal I thought the brakes had gone - I was pressing the clutch ! :o:o:o
    Damn floor mounted pedals !

The owner and I laughed and laughed and changed our trousers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Anan1 wrote:
    OK, let's see if this works..

Gorgeous car! ... and is that your missus??!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Congrats, I'd seriously consider keeping it - unless cash was an issue.

How long was the drive to holyhead BTW?

Advertisement