Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant plume of smoke over the westside

Options
  • 04-10-2007 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

I spotted a massive plume of billowing black smoke over westside just now. Anyone know what caused it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Over the westside? Where are you viewing from?

It seems to be coming from Parkmore/Ballybrit area..must be industrial judging by the flames and the colour of the smoke I saw from terryland a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Half listening to Nuacht TG4, I beleive it's some tire place out in Ballybane.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Ya it's somewhere near Castlepark. Tyre place? There's one just up the road from windsor. To me it looks more like it's coming from windsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I was looking out my window about 20 minutes ago thinking damn thats strange ... very dark cloud over there ... and yeah its coming from ballybane direction ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I could see it as clear as day from Blackrock,must be a big one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

i'm up in Ballybrit, and the fire seems to be more to the north west of here.
    It would seem to be down near the tuam road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think it was a facility near a top of a hill if i could see flames from Dunnes Terryland, I'm guessing Parkmore West?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Kieran Farell Tyres in Ballybane ind estate according to the news...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Kieran Farell Tyres in Ballybane ind estate according to the news...
    Apparently, some assholes set a container full of used tyres ablaze.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

galwayrush wrote:
    Apparently, some assholes set a container full of used tyres ablaze.
    Halloween's not for another couple of weeks yet.

Still, in the words of Brian Potter, "Joe Public loves a good mystery blaze".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Taken from the dog track just after seven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

The best thing about that picture is that theres a big sign in the bottom saying no cameras!!! Hahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

anyone got any more photos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

*Tripper* wrote:
    The best thing about that picture is that theres a big sign in the bottom saying no cameras!!! Hahahaha.

Made me chuckle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

They caught the lad who did it, not that that means much these days. What a waster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Whats that? The third case of arson in Galway in the last 2 weeks?
    Is it the same guy!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

No it's not the same guy but because so little was done about the last case it's obviously becoming cool. And yes I do know what I'm talking about before people go thinking I'm inventing this, far from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

04102007182.jpg

04102007183.jpg

They're from the bus stop in Ballybane at about 7.20pm and there's something on RTE's site about it

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1005/galway.html

Advertisement