Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Put simple.

• 04-10-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Remember in that thread where I posted about hating liberals, and you people were trying to distance yourself from being liberal, even though the simple fact is that in general Atheists will be Liberal..

It's an honest question, I just noticed that some of you were not happy with the tag, even though it is what you are.

(I had an immature attack in this place, but have abstained from posting it, despite wanting to so bad)

So, yeah have a good time with your natural selection bull, and jacking off to Darwin.

Just so you know, this is not an attack on the members of this board, but the Atheists from Youtube as well.

Comments

Remember in that thread where I posted about hating liberals, and you people were trying to distance yourself from being liberal, even though the simple fact is that in general Atheists will be Liberal..

It's an honest question
    I don't see any questions there, I see random statements.
    Now run along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Oh how elegently wrong of me, my question is why do Atheists distance themselves from being liberal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Oh how elegently wrong of me, my question is why do Atheists distance themselves from being liberal?

Well, we try to distance ourselves from any really badly stated argument. Aside from anything else, Darwin was not so hot to look at, really.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

my question is why do Atheists distance themselves from being liberal?

Lack of religious belief is not necessarily connected to political persuasion at all.
    But I've never encountered any atheists "distancing" themselves from being liberal.
    Do you have a link to this thread you're talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

It's an honest question, I just noticed that some of you were not happy with the tag, even though it is what you are

What question?
    (I had an immature attack in this place, but have abstained from posting it, despite wanting to so bad)

So, yeah have a good time with your natural selection bull, and jacking off to Darwin.

So the bit about Darwin and jerking off is something you'd consider to be an intelligent and mature contribution? Given your previous record I'm not all that surprised.
    Just so you know, this is not an attack on the members of this board, but the Atheists from Youtube as well.

So what is it exactly? Do you have a question to ask or is this just another of your pointless threads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

What makes you think they do? People may have taken issue with you linking the two terms 'atheist' and 'liberal' when they mean different things. One doesn't imply the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This guy is priceless.

Esteban (if that is your real name!), please do tell me where so obviously liberal liberals have denied their blatant liberalism! I will be very quick to admit to being a liberal, dare I even say "proud"? But hypocrisy is something that no doubt we both cannot tolerate! So please quote in detail these duplicitous deceivers so they I may join you in calling them out and shaming them before everyone!

Though, I would ask a favour of you. A boon, a fancy. I do wonder, and would be so very grateful were you to indulge me, why is it that you reject evolution so? Why do you think we "jack off to Darwin" as you so colourfully phrased it? Why evolution specifically? Why none of the other fine theories that science has put forward? Should we not excite ourselves to unheard of levels while gazing longingly at the Jewish afro of Einstein?

Why is it that the scientific method has gotten almost everything right, except all the stuff in the bible?

Zillah wrote:
    This guy is priceless.
    Wait til we hear the conspiracy stories

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

Troll troll is still troll.

I do however find it amusing to see the silly depths of bashing people who disagree with you that are usually plumbed by immature atheists plumbed with aplomb by someone from the other side of the fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Best post ever. There is no contest, you are the master of boards.ie

I'm now off to look at my Darwin and Huxley 2007 calender. It's the vestigal appendage edition, so tissues at the ready!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Einstein_tongue.jpg

I'd hit that.

Feynman.jpg

TBH, I have a real soft spot for this one... Keeps me company on those lonely nights.

darwin.jpg

And that.

I'm sure it was on here where this happened, however I am up for correction.

In response to your questions, I oppose evolution because of one reason, I want to. Simple? Yeah.

I hate Darwin, I don't hate you as people. The comment was meant as an insult to Mr. Charles Dumbas..err, I mean Darwin, because I'm sure he's down there just wishing he had not been so bitter.

He was obviously quite pissed , that he talked so much about evolution and survival of the fittest, that his sperm produced a retard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

tro- diddley ooll!

Zillah wrote:
    Einstein_tongue.jpg

I'd hit that.

Fair enough. Next time the issue comes up, I'll just use yours then.

shuddering,
    Scofflaw

Oh now I remember, he got banned from AH, must be why he's here

also
    newsweek.jpg

rawr.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54104611&postcount=3

?

You're the one making the accusations. Should you fail to produce anything then I will have to assume you're making it up or misinterpreting. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I'm going out on a limb for you, don't let me down here. Lets not let the hypocrites away with it!
    In response to your questions, I oppose evolution because of one reason, I want to. Simple? Yeah.

Yes but that doesn't make it not true now does it? If your doctor told you you had gotten HIV from that Thai ladyboy you had a hot night of weird sex with, I'm sure you'd want to deny it, but you'd still have HIV. In the same way, Evolution is true, and no matter how much you want it to not be true, it still is.
    I hate Darwin, I don't hate you as people. The comment was meant as an insult to Mr. Charles Dumbas..err, I mean Darwin, because I'm sure he's down there just wishing he had not been so bitter.

We have no evidence he is bitter. We in fact have no evidence he is anything but a rotting corpse. You, however, have given us ample evidence for your bitterness. Why so bitter?

Come on if your son/daughter was born with a handicap, after you talked about natural selection, would you not be slightly ticked that your sperm produced this?

• Advertisement

Come on if your son/daughter was born with a handicap, after you talked about natural selection, would you not be slightly ticked that your sperm produced this?

DNA is inherantly unstable, the same thing that leads to evolution sometimes unfortunately can lead to genetic mistakes.

Any chance you could go troll somewhere else now?

Yeah, you go watch videos that glorify such events as Columbine, Virginia Tech on youtube, it seems to be the rage among Atheist poseurs nowdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Yeah, you go watch videos that glorify such events as Columbine, Virginia Tech on youtube, it seems to be the rage among Atheist poseurs nowdays.

I am athiest/agnostic and you seem to have a very unusual view of me personally.

Alright lads, let's stop feeding the troll now.

bluewolf wrote:

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Would you be happy your "loving" god produced this? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbVV5CgZIv0

Do you know why these ****ing retards did this? ****ing the idea of natural selection.

Good one, Ciaran.

I'd imagine one would be rather pissed if one's child turned out to be handicapped regardless of your belief or lack thereof in God. One could argue that after being faithful, worshipful and obedient, that a believer would be very pissed off at God for crippling his child. Millions of people, both believer or not, have had handicapped children.

But I asked you lots of questions Esteban. You're ignoring most of them, which is making me start to lose respect for you. Did you want to actually discuss this or not?
    bluewolf wrote:

Its his thread! Why not feed him, this is hilarious.

• Advertisement

I don't think your views are stupid, just slightly moronic.
    I get your point about being religous and getting someone who is retarted for a child.

Zillah wrote:
    But I asked you lots of questions Esteban. You're ignoring most of them, which is making me start to lose respect for you. Did you want to actually discuss this or not?
    Nope, he's shown time and time again he just wants a rant. Not to actually be challenged on anything.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Nope, he's shown time and time again he just wants a rant. Not to actually be challenged on anything.

I wish I could convey my tone... Trust me, I'm not going to be disappointed here either way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I get your point about being religous and getting someone who is retarted for a child.

Are you for real, honestly?

People who are slightly moronic are people who believe in things that make no sense, right? They're a bit stupid, they get stuff wrong? In which case I'd ask you, how is it we know when we're right or wrong? Evidence. And logic. And both of them tell us that Darwin is right. So by disagreeing with Darwin you are essentially calling yourself slightly moronic. Are you slightly moronic?

Surely I'm free to say what I want, after all you love your free speach.

• Advertisement

Darwin was wrong on occassions, even he questioned himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

emokitten.jpg

Henry Morris is a good man, if you don't know him do NOW.

I hate emos.

Let's go back to the start, how can something come about from nothing? No law in Science allows for such an event.

Henry Morris is a good man, if you don't know him do NOW.
    No thanks, he's the stupidest type of Creationist. A young earth creationist.

I actually agree.

• Advertisement

Freespeech means you can say what you like. It doesn't mean you can say what you like and not be called stupid if what you're saying is stupid.
    Darwin was wrong on occassions, even he questioned himself.

Like every good scientist. Which is why we have what we call "Neo Darwinian Evolution", its the modern understanding of evolution. Bear in mind Darwin lived a long time ago, he only started it, what modern Evolutionary Biologists known about evolution has moved on a lot from Darwin's day.

A lot of scientists, who despite being Atheist, have called his bluff.

Let's go back to the start, how can something come about from nothing? No law in Science allows for such an event.

Are you not claiming that God came from nothing?
    A lot of scientists, who despite being Atheist, have called his bluff.

What bluff?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You've got to love the trolls, they're such little bags of joy.
    Taking a gander at his myspace for example...
    My name is Conor but you can call me Conor. I hate bebo. I know most people choose to ignore writing in the 'about me' section but I'm one to break the mould. I went to Clonkeen for 5

While over on Bebo he tells us all about hes loves and hates:
    Like: The people I talk to, football, Boards.ie , wrestling, Religion, laughing at retarted peace protesters.
    Hate: Liberals, Trees, Charles Darwin, Environmentalists, Michael Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, Emos, Starbucks, MTV, Irish Times, The Star, The Sun, Paris Hilton, Atheists, United Nations, Mainstream Rap, Irish pride, Mixtapes, R&B, Cats, Rainforests, U2,Stupid Phrases,All Drugs, Family Guy, PETA, EU, Man Utd, Scumbags, Dance music, Working, Coca Cola, Alcohol, Sleep, Bebo(Yeah I know)

Seriously, you need help! WTF trees and rainforests? You hate trees?!
    You also tell us on your myspace:
    I WISH I WAS AMERICAN!!!!
    But you seem to hate so many American Icons.
    you also say you want to meet Hitler,
    maybe your better suited here?

But God is all powerful.
    Time is nothing, as God is the creator of time. We do not know if there was something before us, a civilisation which followed the same pattern as we have, i.e our evolution to what we are today.

Just so it's straight, we have evolved but through God's plan, it's natural selection which is bull****.

The American thing is a joke.

Zillah wrote:
    Freespeech means you can say what you like. It doesn't mean you can say what you like and not be called stupid if what you're saying is stupid.

Indeed, that would be part of our free speech.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Here, that guy should be banned for life, he posted my information on here, without my consent.

Oh, and I was once a member of SF, but they were ****ing idiots. Hitler was an overated goon.

But God is all powerful.
    Time is nothing, as God is the creator of time. We do not know if there was something before us, a civilisation which followed the same pattern as we have, i.e our evolution to what we are today.
    Time and our physical laws are something that was started with our universe. We don't and can't try to explain where the universe came from because we have no idea at all what there was before the universe.
    Here, that guy should be banned for life, he posted my information on here, without my consent.
    He posted information you posted publicly on here, no rules against that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The American thing is a joke.

You're a joke, your "personal" information is linked in your sig.

• Advertisement
Advertisement