Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fabric Glue?

• 04-10-2007 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Right,

I'm helping make a halloween costume there's various bits that need to be attached.

Being a man I obviously don't know how to sew so have decided that glue will be a better and quicker job

I asked in the shop could I stick them on with superglue, yer one behind the counter looked like I'd called her a dirty name and advised that superglue is noxious and should not be near kids (fair point I suppose.) But they didn't have any in stock and wouldn't know where to get some.

I tried a DIY shop but once again was offered superglue. I've also googled it but can't find any where that stocks it in Dublin other then ebay.ie.

So apologies for the long, but does anyone have an idea where I'd get some from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Get a product called "Wunda-web" - it's like a soft tape that you fold fabric over and then wet it and iron over it - it sticks fabric together and does a fantastic job - I use it for loads of my jeans to take them up and it lasts ages!!

Sometimes supermarkets have it, but drapery shops are the best bet. Sometimes small Centra shops etc have it with their little useful sections full of elastic bands, masking tape etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

for gods sake dont wet the wonder web just iron over it! make sure it is tucked between the folds of material or it will stick to the iron, this may not work with everything, what are ya trying to attach??? and to what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I bought fabric glue in Hickey's before.
    Loads of other places sell it too.

If there's no Hickey's near you try an arts and crafts shop (it's used for felt covering) or try the haberdasher's section of a department store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 bluestarshine

You could try an art and craft shop for a fabric glue or you could just use PVA glue. Its generally cheaper than fabric glue, even though its white it dries clear. And its also safe for kids.

the art and hobby shops are generally good.
    www.artnhobby.ie will tell you where their shops are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement