Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista 64bit and ITunes Problems

• 04-10-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Have windows vista 64 bit installed on my laptop and i'm having conflicts with iTunes, i cant burn cds and have updated my cd drive drivers etc

When i open itunes i get the message:

'Warning-iTunes was not installed properly. If you wish to import or burn cds you need to reinstall itunes' I have tryed to reinstall but nothing has changed

When i go to burn a cd i get the message:

Disc burner or software not installed But I have updated drivers for cd drive and nero software installed

I cannot update my itunes properly either

When i run diagnostics in iTunes i get the message:

Microsoft Windows Vista Professional (Build 6000)
    Dell Inc. MXG061
    iTunes 7.4.2.4
    CD Driver Not Available
    CD Driver DLL
    UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM

Current user is not an administrator.

Video Display Information:

NVIDIA, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX

Connected Device Information:

Disk drive, SAMSUNG HM160JI ATA Device, Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0
    CD-ROM Drive, Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device, Channel 1, Target 0, Lun 0

Some computers need an update to the ATA or IDE bus driver, or Intel chipset. If iTunes has problems recognizing CDs or hanging or crashing while importing or burning CDs, check the support site for the manufacturer of your computer or motherboard.

Failed while scanning for CD / DVD drives, error 2355.
    Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

D: Unsupported CD or DVD drive.
    Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

I would really apprecaite some guidance on this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I have had so many people I know tell me horror stories about ITunes. ITunes (and Quicktime) cause many issues with many different software packages.

I haven't found a fix for it, however, I have found a software program out there called Anapod that allows you to access your IPod and copy files to and from it like you would a USB key.

I hear many people are much happier using that and it resolves the issues caused by using itunes/quicktime.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Cheers for the reply, thats an interesting idea,must try it. The reason i posted is because i bought a load of music off itunes and want to burn it to cd, not sure if that would work through windows media player or anything. Seeing as i paid for it, it would be nice to have a cd version for the car also!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I have the same problem, I guess we'll be waiting for version 8 of iTunes before it's fixed properly...
    After a bit of googling, the unofficial fix seems to be to grab the gear multimedia drivers

Installing that stopped the message appearing when I first log into iTunes, but I still can't seem to burn cds...

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Sorry for my ignornace but what are gear multimedia drivers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dee4life

Hello, don't know if this will help, but I had the same problem and de-installed itunes 7.5 and loaded itunes version 7.2.
    Works okay now

• Advertisement
Advertisement