Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options - Ballinakill, Co. Laois

Options
  • 04-10-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone

New to boards.ie so hope please somebody can help me.

Have moved from Shannon, Co. Clare where I had BT broadband via DSL (oh happy days) to Ballinakill in Co. Laois where DSL broadband not available. :(

Digiweb are offering a service in Ballinakill but my next door neighbour wasn't able to get a signal due to trees across the road, so even though I put in an order with them, don't know if I will have same problem.

Zone Broadband also in Ballinakill but I was told by their engineer that they don't allow access to P2P downloading. My question is - I download files via rapidshare.com - does anyone know if access to this website is allowed with Zone Broadband? I've been assured rapidshare.com is NOT p2p file sharing by a techie mate (I'm clueless btw about this stuff) but I really don't know the Zone Broadband policy on it as their engineer had never heard of it.

I don't want to go with satellite broadband after reading not very good reports about it, but it may be my only option, God help me.:eek:

It's like I've lost a limb going from DSL broadband to this - I had no idea of the nightmare that existed where exchanges weren't broadband enabled but I'm living it now. Broadband availability in Ireland is such a godawful joke and mess.:mad:

So Digiweb and Zone Broadband - are they the two options for the quaint village of Ballinakill or is there someone else out there?

Advertisement