Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Ballinakill

Options
  • 04-10-2007 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone

Hope somebody out there can help me with this. I did post tonight with this new thread already but can't see it in the forum so trying again.

Moved to Ballinakill in Co. Laois where there would appear to be two broadband options because lacking enabled exchange for DSL broadband (surprise, huh? Broadband availability in Ireland - some joke...).

The two options are Digiweb and Zone Broadband. Strong possibility I might not get signal for Digiweb as next door neighbour couldn't due to trees across the road, so Zone satellite broadband might be only option - God help me from what I've read here...

Question is - do Zone Broadband allow downloading from rapidshare.com? An engineer from the company told me they don't allow P2P file sharing but he never heard about rapidshare but to quote "sounds like P2P file sharing". Now, a techie friend assures me that Rapidshare.com files are NOT P2P file sharing but I'm still fretting about whether Zone allow access to the website so does anyone know? Would really appreciate a response on this as slowly being driven mad by the whole broadband mess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

First I ever heard that they were over there. Their backhaul seems to be satellite based.
    We will be setting up there too. We have a site on Ballymartin hill which is just a stone throw away from you.

Advertisement