Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vrt on van conversion

Options
  • 04-10-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

i'm thinking of getting a van(eg. transporter ) and having 2 seats and 2 windows installed in the back but have been informed that this will incur vrt, is there any way around this or does anyone know how much it costs

also considering bringing a van crew cab in from the north, will this be considered a commercial for vrt coming in. the online vrt calculator on the revenue websift doesnt show anything like this.

cheers
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it will be classed as a crewcab, so the lower VRT rate (13.5% ?) will apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

I was looking intothis last year, (VW transporter as well :D ) there were good deals to be had in the UK with ex AA transporters. They had the extra row of seats and windows in the sliding door and panel on the opposite side.
    I got in touch with the vrt in rosslare, explained the type of van and basically I was told that to be classified as a crew van the cargo area cannot be accesed from the cabin ( a steel bulkhead must be installed behind the rear seats) fine I thought, then the lady asked if it was a long wheel base van because the cargo area has to be a minimum size, (had to be a percentage of the wheelbase I think), all the AA transporter were short wheel base so they would be classified a private and hit fir the full whack.

I had a look at the combi version at a stealership, loved it, ticked all the boxes but was just too expensive for me :o

Ring rosslare, they were very patient with me with all my questions.

Also check with your insurance as I found out that some of them classify crew cabs / conversions with seats as commerical or won't touch them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pdeery

cheers folks, looks like i'm buggered so

P

Advertisement