Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deed not Breed Ireland on TV

Options
  • 04-10-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

DNBI (Deed not Breed Ireland- co-founder Lilly and I)) will be on television next week on the Seoirge and O'Shea Show on RTE1. We will have a Q and A session with the audience there and the hosts will also take call-ins, so get phoning! I have asked Brenda from Dogstrust to accompany us as we had the option to invite another organisation. I chose DT as they are fighting for a change of legislation and are of the same opinion as DNBI: Punish the Deed and not the Breed. The show will be live on the 10th of October at about 4:25 pm on RTE1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Fair play. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Brilliant stuff, I'll look forward to watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

Great to hear about this matter getting more and more publicity. Hope you guys can inform some of the less knowledgeable people, and prove wrong those in favour of this terrible act of racism..

I will be watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hope it helps people realise 99.9% of these dogs are lovely family pets not mad crazy killers like the media portray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Fair play to ya. I hope the show is a big success - not only to help change the legisaltion but to give people an understanding of these breeds labelled inaccurately as dangerous.

• Advertisement

Well the day has arrived so I thought I'd bump this up as a reminder.

Well, anyone see it?.

Opinions?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Mairt wrote:
    Well, anyone see it?.

Opinions?.

I don't believe I missed it and I was on a half day and all yesterday so I was at home at that time.

Was it good?

What was the general view of the audience?

~Thalia~ wrote:
    I don't believe I missed it and I was on a half day and all yesterday so I was at home at that time.

Was it good?

What was the general view of the audience?

It was rubbish.

They had a woman on whose child was attacked by two dogs, a Staff and something else. That woman's parenting skills should be looked at by social services.

Councillor Joe Costello came on and looked/sounded retarded. Counldn't put his argument accross and was made look an idiot by the the two ladies (sorry I'm terrible with names) representing the 'dangours' breeds.

The show took one caller, a guy from Finglas whose daughter was attacked by a "pit bull", but it turned out that the daughter was suffering a catalogue of abuse and bullying by a group of scumbags who set the dog on her.

It was a bad show, like all those Seoigoa&O'shead shows are.

Apart from being able to put a face to EGAR you missed nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Mairt wrote:
    It was rubbish.

They had a woman on whose child was attacked by two dogs, a Staff and something else. That woman's parenting skills should be looked at by social services.

Councillor Joe Costello came on and looked/sounded retarded. Counldn't put his argument accross and was made look an idiot by the the two ladies (sorry I'm terrible with names) representing the 'dangours' breeds.

The show took one caller, a guy from Finglas whose daughter was attacked by a "pit bull", but it turned out that the daughter was suffering a catalogue of abuse and bullying by a group of scumbags who set the dog on her.

It was a bad show, like all those Seoigoa&O'shead shows are.

Apart from being able to put a face to EGAR you missed nothing.

That is SUCH a pity. Maybe something as important as this needs a bigger and better forum than afternoon TV when lets face it not a lot of viewers are tuning in?
    It's such an important issue and it's consistently dealt with in a bad way. Makes me so sad and I'm sure it does you too Mairt that people think the way they do about my dog and yours and SO many people think that way.
    I've lost count of the amount of times people have crossed the road/jumped/ picked up their small children when I'm out walking my dog, which of course is their right to do so but it just makes me sad that because she's an Alsation they think that her sole aim is to bite the legs from under them and maul their children!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Well, thanks Mairt. Sounds pretty crap. Is it repeated at all outside working hours anyone?

(well done to the girls)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I disagree, we managed to get our point ie bad owners across very well and they even gave Brenda from Dogstrust time to speak. Martina is the mother of the boy who got attacked by two Rottweilers a while back, not Staffs. At least we got the message out that it is the owners not the dogs who need legislating.

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I think you did very,very well Egar.Your point came across very clearly and in all honesty made the councilor look very clueless.The parent is excused,they just need something to lash out at,as usual the dog and not the owner:(
    Dogs are like cars,put an idiot behind one and sh1t is sure to hit the fan.

EGAR wrote: »
    I disagree, we managed to get our point ie bad owners across very well and they even gave Brenda from Dogstrust time to speak. Martina is the mother of the boy who got attacked by two Rottweilers a while back, not Staffs. At least we got the message out that it is the owners not the dogs who need legislating.

Sarah

I don't know what your disgreeing with.

I'm not saying you or the lady from Dogs Trust were bad, I just think it was a bad show. All their show's are, their ratings are crap, doesn't mean that your presentation or what you had to say was poor.

So I said Staffs and not Rotties, but it amounts to the same thing. That both the owner of the dogs, plus that injuried childs parents should shoulder some of the blaim.

The child was wha age, 12 ? (or closed to it) and his mother said she was out working all day and wasn't around, so who was supervising her child?.

As unsupervised child running around the estate could as easily be victim to a dog attack as he is to getting knocked down, or worse still.

So, you came accross very well. As did Brenda. You both made councillr Costello look wooden and ill-informed. Plus you got the point accross really well that.

But the show is still crap :p

Weldone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your point across... shame about the show being crap though. I didn't get a chance to see it because I was in work.

Advertisement