Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coloured contacts

• 04-10-2007 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

hey apologies if this is in the wrong section but i was wondering does anyone know where i could find coloured contact lenses in dublin, only want them for holloween night so they dont have to particularly long lasting, just an unusual pigment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

celestial ring had some, maybe not anymore though cos its illegal for places to sell coloured lenses if theres no optic professional on site as they have to show people how to put them in and take them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

"optic professional on site"

sounds like a great reason to charge me loads of money:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

kurisu wrote:

As someone who's training to be an optometrist, I have seen the damage that people can do to their eyes by buying contacts online or without being fitted properly.Contacts sit on your eyes so they can do a lot nore damage than people think

kurisu wrote:

if ya think so! thats just being ignorant.
    say you go and buy lenses and read the instructions they give you in relation to putting them and getting them out!

you get them in, forget all about them and get an eye infection. then what do ya do?? pay 50e for the doctor to have a look.
    your're gonna have to pay either way.
    opticians make sure you can take them out and put them back in at least 2-3 times before selling you lenses!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

OP- If you had no solutions what would you clean the lenses in? I'm guessing water?

• Advertisement

on most of these type of lenses taht are sold willy nilly, it says consult your optician for cleaning regimes!! and the optician i wrk for refuse to do it cos thats taking all responsibility for those lenses and the person! so if anythn goes wrong the optician gets it in the neck!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Nala wrote:
    OP- If you had no solutions what would you clean the lenses in? I'm guessing water?

Oh please do not clean your lenses in water!Its actually the worst thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

exactly, but most people would guess water, and possibly get themselves a nice acanthamoeba infection in the process.

Nala wrote:
    exactly, but most people would guess water, and possibly get themselves a nice acanthamoeba infection in the process.
    You obviously know your stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Daisies wrote:
    You obviously know your stuff

Or she might just be a contact lense wearer..

• Advertisement

kurisu wrote:

hahah awesome, so you want to pay as little as possible for something that can potentially damage your eyesight.

Those lenses were banned because:
    a> A lot of them were very badly made, could scratch the surface of the eye
    b> The curvature of everyones eyes are different, those lenses were 'one size fits all'
    c> People would sleep with them in. Because they were not breathable lenses, they can get stuck to the surface of the eye and you will need to go to a hospital to have them safely taken out
    d> Leaving any non-breathable lense in your eyes for too long can cause damage to the blood vessels on the surface of the eye, leaving you with lovely bloodshot eyes.

Prescription coloured contacts aren't that expensive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Can't remember the title of the film, but Van Diesel wore a pair of silver reflective contacts that made him look real spooky!:eek:

Can't remember the title of the film, but Van Diesel wore a pair of silver reflective contacts that made him look real spooky!:eek:

"Pitch Black", I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Hah they were cool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Misticles wrote: »
    celestial ring had some, maybe not anymore though cos its illegal for places to sell coloured lenses if theres no optic professional on site as they have to show people how to put them in and take them out.

No Way! Argos used to sell them!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

OP You can get them in a chemist in Blackrock - the one next to Eddie Rockets..they do all colours including white and black

€30 a month

Orlee wrote: »
    No Way! Argos used to sell them!!! :eek:
    i know! hence why they dont anymore!!

Advertisement