Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok...

Options
  • 04-10-2007 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Where are the Wispas. Who's selling them? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I bought one (just the one, mind :D ) in the Spar at Newpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

kleefarr wrote:
    Where are the Wispas. Who's selling them? :)

Spar in irishtown........... i just got 8 of them:o Yum!

Hey! If you buy 8 of them there'll be none left for the rest of us :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The petrol station around Hotel Kilkenny across from the truck center, bought 9 of them on Friday on the way home to my parents place :)

I shouldn't have said they were in the Newpark Spar. Went in there this evening and they were all gone. Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I tried a LOAD of shops in KK over the weekend and found none :-(

I think they've disappeared again. Are Wispas the new Creme Eggs? Catch them before they all disappear?

Super Value loughboy......... and their running out fast!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

What!! :eek:

I was there about 18:20, had a look in the aisle where the Cadburys bars are.
    Where are they???

kleefarr wrote: »
    What!! :eek:

I was there about 18:20, had a look in the aisle where the Cadburys bars are.
    Where are they???

All Gone!!!!!!!:( they had them at the counter on the left as you go in.:(

• Advertisement

I guess they can't keep them in the shops because people are buying 8 or 9 of them at a time. We're falling for the hype in a big way :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

What's a wispa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    What's a wispa?

An over-rated chocolate bar :rolleyes:

They're nice and I have to admit I did buy one about a fortnight ago. I should've bought a couple of dozen of them and sold them at inflated prices :D

Having said that, I never noticed when they disappeared in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭in_da_club

An over-rated chocolate bar :rolleyes:

Ha!:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

1570133772_b48e88383d.jpg

The shop accross from gamestop in the market cross has a couple of boxes of them :)

Found some!

Black Quarry garage. Has loads. Got four a couple of days ago (One for each member of the family).

Got another two today at the newsagents at Loughboy.

They are fupping lovely, but I think they're not as high as they used to be.

kleefarr wrote: »
    They are fupping lovely, but I think they're not as high as they used to be.

I know what you mean but I think they flattened them out a bit years ago. Happened to be in Tesco in Portlaoise today and nabbed a few :)

The last time I remember having one was about six years ago in UK. They were deeper than that then.

• Advertisement

I got some in Porters today. I think they're getting more common now :)

New Dunnes in McDoughnut juction had quite a few. :)

I got one in the vending machine in work today. They're becoming common as muck now. We need to pick another deleted chocolate bar. How about those scrummy Cadbury's lime chocolate ones that don't exist anymore?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Star Bar.

I was in the newsagents in Loughboy a while ago and asked them why they didn't have any Wispas yet. One of the nice ladies said to me there's no need to get worked up about Wispas as the Cadburys BUBBLE is just the same! :eek:

So I conducted a test yesterday. ;)

One Wispa v One Bubble

She wasn't far wrong. They are VERY similar, but after very careful consideration.......

THE WISPA WON! :D

Only just, as I found it very very slightly more chocolaty velvety lovely. :)

So, if you can't find a Wispa, get A BUBBLE! :D

Nah, the Wispas have that certain something...the blue wrapper, the cuddly bubbly red logo, the chunkiness of the chocolate. I haven't had a bubble in a long time but from memory they're a much flatter bar. And therefore, not as cool as a Wispa.

Licksy wrote: »
    Star Bar.

I think the Star Bar was repackaged as the peanut Moro bar - the one with the red wrapper. I'm open to correction on this but I think I'm right :p

Advertisement