Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marketing Research/Thesis Title help!

• 04-10-2007 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

hey guys!

Im currently doing an MSc in marketing course and am trying to sort out my marketing research dissertation topic. It can be either qualatative or quantitive and is about 20k words.

Just wondering has anyone got any interesting ideas for this marketing research/marketing project? I was kinda thinking something maybe in customer loyalty or brand loyalty or loyalty schemes.. anyone got any ideas what companies to do it on or angles to take???

Please help!!
    danke!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 antosikova

Hi Makaveli,

Brand loyalty seems to be interesting, what about doing some qualitative research on what effects customers' brand loyalty in a chosen company? Or what effects there were after a company had changed their corporate identity/advertising campaign etc.? What is the relationship between loyalty and price? It's a challenge to measure, huh?

Just a few thoughts, hope it helps.

Simona Rusnakova
    3R Sales and Marketing, www.3r.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 makaveli33

hey simona! tanx a mil for your suggestions! still trying to sort out this damn title/subject area!

any more ideas guys!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 okellyc

Personally, I'd use the opportunity of working on a thesis to focus on the "next big thing".

Customer/ brand loyalty is already old school e.g. some supermarket groups relaised that sacking their 20-man affintiy marketing "clubcard" staff and all their overheads (computers, printing, postage etc) and returning the savings in terms of cents off the price of tins of beans had a bigger effect than all the coupons and promotions ever had.

For me, a great study would be to finally ask M.D.s, C.E.O's etc. to cut through the crap and tell us all what they really want marketing to deliver. Tell us, in terms of priority (gathered through quantitative initially and qualitative in-depth follow-up) whether its raw sales growth, brand awareness, PR profile, return on investment, market research insight, competitor analysis, or whatever.

Based on this, you could develop a "Balanced Scorecard" for marketing so annual reviews for marketeers could be based on set goals and results against them and we could benchmark performance of one marketeer against another. Too often the alleged performance of a marketeer is a subjective decision of the boss, this way gives both sides a chance to know what's expected.

Just a thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 makaveli33

hey! what a great and unique idea, i know the whole consumer/brand loyalty area has been done a million times before but was just hoping to make my life easy, meaning that there would be loads of literature to call on, but tink i mite seriously consider a new research idea like this, tanx for your help..

any other ideas anyone?? :confused:

was thinking of "customer retention through relationship marketing and loyalty programs - what shapes customer loyalty in the cafe/restaurant industry.." but really need help to clean up and make a stronger title out of this..

any help much appreciated!!!

:D

Advertisement