Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving BT: Paper form, ADSL modem

Options
  • 04-10-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Am quitting BT cos I am moving out.

Cupla ceist:

1. I rang them to cancel it, and they said they have to send out a paper form. Do they have a 30 notice requirement like NTL, and is this therefore a stalling thing that means you have to pay for the service you wont be using?

2. What happens to the modem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Am quitting BT cos I am moving out.

Cupla ceist:

1. I rang them to cancel it, and they said they have to send out a paper form. Do they have a 30 notice requirement like NTL, and is this therefore a stalling thing that means you have to pay for the service you wont be using?

2. What happens to the modem?

Thanks.
    well, I left BT about 2 weeks ago and all I had to do was ring customer service and tell them to cancel my broadband. It was cancelled within 1 day. No paper forms involved. Admittedly, I had been with them for more than 12 months, but that shouldn't have any effect on whether or not a paper form is required. The guy on the phone also told me there was no need to send the modem back in to them, that it was mine to keep.

I'd ring back and hope you get someone more knowledgeable/helpful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BT 'guys on phones' are no good. You need the 'guy on the phone' to email you confirmation that the modem IS yours to keep ...as it sometimes is.

If you do not have written confirmation from BT that its yours then BT should send you an envelope in which to return it, record the delivery lest there be any issues with your wallet.

Same applies to all carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MeWantBroadband

stiofanD wrote:
    well, I left BT about 2 weeks ago and all I had to do was ring customer service and tell them to cancel my broadband. It was cancelled within 1 day. No paper forms involved. Admittedly, I had been with them for more than 12 months, but that shouldn't have any effect on whether or not a paper form is required. The guy on the phone also told me there was no need to send the modem back in to them, that it was mine to keep.

I'd ring back and hope you get someone more knowledgeable/helpful

Hmm... My circumstances are slightly different in that I am leaving, where as you might just have been switch to a different phone/DSL provider.

Advertisement