Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Death

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yep. Just take a look at my avatar. ;)

Absolutely legendary band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

their efforts with steve digiorgio on bass were always my favourite .. . great band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fairly unorginal name for a band but that takes nothing away from their music. Stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

phenomenal...i remember hearing pull the plug for the first time on capital nitesky and thinking...that's it.. that's the sound in my head......
    needless to say i was in to tommy in the sound cellar the next day and picked up a copy of leprosy..i listened to it all night..over and over.. and i seem to remember eating a packet of a new type of biscuit called hob nobs at the time:D
    i was one of many let down at the top hat when death were billed but chuck didn't show for the tour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Amazing band. Every album they released is excellent and timeless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That_Guy wrote:
    Fairly unorginal name for a band but that takes nothing away from their music. Stunning.
    How do you figure that? I don't know of any other bands called Death :confused:

Great band, pioneers. Love all of Chucks stuff but Leprosy-Spiritual Healing-Human era is just untouchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Chuck is a legend! I used to be able to play that sorta stuff perfect on guitar a few years ago, then I started getting wasted, ahhh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

If anyone is interested, Play.com Have a good sale on all there stuff. Every cd is 10€ and the Live in LA dvd is back in stock for a steal of 14€.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Good choice of song ;)
    Great band, one of my absolute favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

i have leprosy and spiritual healing albums but am off on holidays and want to download another Death album - so which one??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A band in Fibbers (Final Judgement) covered Crystal Mountain. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yet another band I discovered through boards.ie. Simply amazing. Just a pity Sean Reinert didn't record on more albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

buck65 wrote:
    i have leprosy and spiritual healing albums but am off on holidays and want to download another Death album - so which one??
    Get the Sound of Perseverance or Symbolic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

thanks Jonakin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

death were a totally class band. pioneers of the death metal scene. favourite album is spiritual healing, the dual guitar solo's with james murphy (another metal legend) is such brilliance
    may they both rest in peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

dantes74 wrote: »
    death were a totally class band. pioneers of the death metal scene. favourite album is spiritual healing, the dual guitar solo's with james murphy (another metal legend) is such brilliance
    may they both rest in peace

James Murphy is dead? **** thats awful news. . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

alas yes he's dead too. but he did play guitar on the two greatest death metal albums i.e spiritual healing and cause of death (obituary)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm rather certain James Murphy is still alive... Had a brain tumour, but recovered, from what I know.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Thats a deadly song, I have listened to them before , but I never really liked them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Here's a clip from Death in Japan:

Advertisement