Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why is my harddrive stopping me playing halo

• 04-10-2007 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

as the title suggest i cant play campaign when my hard drive is connected to my 360. i cant find any corrupt data on my hard drive and i tried clearing the cache as was suggested somewhere else. basically arrival loads up but when i get to the loading screen for sierra 117 i get unable to read disc. i know i have another post about halo 3 and a similar problem so i dont need people telling me that. i would be grateful if someone could help me fix this as it is wrecking my head.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I'm having the same problem, as are a lot of other people. I'm waiting to get my third copy of the disc back - though I'm pretty sure I'll continue to get disc read errors.

From the thread on the xbox forums it's very hard to know what is causing this. It seems to be happening to old and new consoles; doesn't matter if you have hitachi, samsung or benq drives; some people claim it works if you remove the HDD, but others say it doesn't; some say it works if you use a memory unit, and again others deny that it does. It's not even clear if it is to do with the Halo discs, or certain consoles, but to me it seems it's some weird combination.

Both discs I've tried have worked in a friend's machine without any trouble. I've gone through all the steps such as clearing the cache, etc. It has been suggested that you can format the HDD, but even then it only formats a certain part of it and the corruption (if that is what it is) remains on the unformatted part. I don't know how true any of this speculation is, and without any word from Microsoft or Bungie it is impossible to tell.

I agree, it is wrecking my head too. I have been following this for a week now, and though I don't want to discourage you from trying anything that might help, I feel now that either the release of a patch (if that is even possible), or an announcement that there is a problem with some consoles that need to be replaced, will be the only answer to this.

Needless to say, all my other games work fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Did you move the Harddrive from the xbox you were originally playing it on? I did that, brought my HD over to my mates house and it corrupted my save file, had to start again, pile of ****e!

Its just a Halo issue afaik....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

It seems more to be just dodgy discs. I bought one on launch day and was getting errors like "players failed to load content" and the disc unreadable message. I brought it back to the shop, got a replacement and not a problem with it since.

Advertisement