Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics - I'm everything I always hated

Options
  • 04-10-2007 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

So I'm here to complain about being banned from the politics forum. You can all save the piss taking as I'm already embarrassed actually doing this. I was banned by oscarBravo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055147722&page=5

The mod Tristrame has been dismissive, mocking and frankly arrogant in his recent posts. And he also seems to think it's not dodgy that the leader of our country had large sums of cash that he can't explain but that's another story. All my posts had been completely on topic and followed the thread rules. But his snide manner really ****ed me off so I posted this...
    meglome wrote:
    You're seriously a mod in here, holy christ. I have to say your smug dismissive attitude bothers me way more than any of the posts you've deleted did.

It is not (in any reality) acceptable for the leader of country to have no real explanation for large sums of cash. It will be near impossible to actually prove wrong doing at this stage but his whole story stinks from high heaven. You didn't address the points I made and that was a serious question, are you in Fianna Fail?

It's pretty mild if you ask me. My first ban in 7 years :eek:

I'm off to shower :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

In case i wasn't clear i'd like to be unbanned please... my spleen isn't vented yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you pmd the mod?

I did indeed. I pointed out to him that if Tristrame is going to act like that towards other users then it will be no surprise when they eventually get annoyed about it and respond in kind. At that point it's somewhat unfair to ban them, edit the post, warn them perhaps but not a ban. No sign of an unbanning yet anyway.

I should add here, in case it's relevant, that I'm not a member of any political party or organisation. I've also voted for different parties across 4 elections.

At this stage I've had a few people complain to me about their bannings by Tristrame. It would be nice if they all complained in here too but there you go. What am I supposed to do here? I don't want to sound like a whiney fecker but I really would like to be unbanned. What exactly is the point of posting in here if no one actually responds (other than Gordon - thanks, noticed you're the banning king :) )

As for Tristrame, I believe he causes problems on the politics forum and is very heavy handed when it comes to bannings and deletions. I think OscarBravo got in wrong by banning me as it was Tristrames attitude I was responding too. If they want to run a tight ship in politics, fair enough, but the mods need to take a look at themselves first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Tristrame and Oscar = Satans right hand men.

Perhaps they were away over the weekend, I've heard they sometimes leave their lairs and venture out into daylight.
    Give them a few days to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

FWIW, it was heavy-handed and perhaps a little more knee-jerk than it should have been.

While it was verging on getting personal, I think your post was valid enough to post on the thread.

Did oscarBravo ever respond to you?

I did contact him and I told him I thought the ban was unjustified. I also told him I'd be posting in here and I'd be objecting to Tristrames modis operandi.

Advertisement