Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation Irish?

Options
  • 04-10-2007 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Okay, I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd research it more anyway just to be sure. If I were to do foundation Irish for the Leaving Cert exam, would it give me a plausible mark to get into an IT? In terms of points how much are different grades worth? Thanks for your help in my dilemma.

~Mandude

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I may be wrong, but I think Foundation Irish isn't counted for points or entry requirements or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

AFAIK whatever grade you get in foundation doesnt matter, you dont get points just an aknowlegment that you passed, really dont do it, put the effort in and pass ordinary level, not a massive course to get a D/C in

[edit] damn you for getting there first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Any grade in foundation get no points. But when going for a job, a pass in foundation is acceptable where a fail in ordinary is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Skyuser wrote:
    But when going for a job, a pass in foundation is acceptable where a fail in ordinary is not.

Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Naikon wrote:
    Such as?
    What do you mean such as?

• Advertisement

Skyuser wrote:
    What do you mean such as?

Sorry, I meant to ask what jobs these days actually require a pass in Irish at any level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

What kind of question is that? Eh teaching being one!

What kind of question is that? Eh teaching being one!

And probably the only one tbh...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Teaching you need a honour in honours Irish. Most unis need you to have a pass in Irish but some ITs will accept foundation level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Most film courses...many nursing/medicine courses have modules in Irish, construction courses have over half the time...need I go on....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mandude

I didn't think so. Thanks for your help. I guess I'll just have to sell my soul to Satan for Irish skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Gardai, Barristers, Soliciters and Judges do need some level of irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

As well as no university accepting Foundy Irish, which doesn't matter since he wants to go to an IT. But yeah, no points from it.

Advertisement