Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tying Dubes

• 05-10-2007 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi I just bought a pair of dubes! And I didn't get instructions with it on how to do the knot? Anybody care to enlighten me! I googled it and it ain't finding anything!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

"Dubes" make the baby jesus cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

NADA wrote:
    Hi I just bought a pair of dubes! And I didn't get instructions with it on how to do the knot? Anybody care to enlighten me! I googled it and it ain't finding anything!

i know nothing of dubes but surely you tie the knot like any other foot wear

and dubes do indeed make the baby jesus cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 4bugny

The Dubarry Knot, also known as The Barrel is similar to a hangman's noose knot, only it uses one lace instead of two. The picture should give clear indication of how it is tied. It allows the wearer to slip the shoes off easily and tighten them quite quickly.

Howtoknotdubes.jpg :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

So much effort to look like a ponce..
    These fashionable footwear slip on and off quite easier.. Do yourself a favour..

Converse_all-stars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Folks, dubes are a contentious subject so let's try to stay on topic and help the OP, mkay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Someone wearing Dubarry shoes asking how to tie them?

I like what you did there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ugh a person simple asks a question and gets "omg dubes are so ****e buy these".

i dislike dubes as much as anyone who posted previously to me, but christ people she only wants to know how to tie them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

4bugny wrote:
    The Dubarry Knot, also known as The Barrel is similar to a hangman's noose knot, only it uses one lace instead of two. The picture should give clear indication of how it is tied. It allows the wearer to slip the shoes off easily and tighten them quite quickly.

Howtoknotdubes.jpg :cool:

Nice!
    V helpful post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If you tell me how it's '13 months since you go to Germany again', I'll tell you how to tie the dubes. ;)

Advertisement