Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

martin cahill

Options
  • 05-10-2007 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

anyone hear the joe duffy show today- apparently martin cahilll's daugher has written a book about her father which is more than flattering of him.
    i was outraged considering all the grief this man caused in his short but eventful life.
    then the usual suspects were lined up to condemn martin cahill-in particular paul williams of the sunday world and former detective gerry o'carroll. gerry was particularly outraged at the garda ombudsman's intervention in the current inquest into the shooting of two would be post office robbers. is this the same former detective who clings steadfastly to the theory that joanne hayes (the kerry babies case) was pregnant with twins from two different fathers?
    to the best of my knowledge neither paul williams nor gerry o carroll ( in his new role as journalist) have paid much attention to the goings on in garda circles in donegal.
    the righteous are bold.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is Gerry O Carroll the bloke that writes a column in the Herald? Can't remember what nickname they gave him, but he's got a 'old school, no bullsh*t' image goin on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

DaveMcG wrote:
    Is Gerry O Carroll the bloke that writes a column in the Herald? Can't remember what nickname they gave him, but he's got a 'old school, no bullsh*t' image goin on :rolleyes:

think they call him the Sheriff or maybe its a self imposed nickname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That's the one... the Sheriff... what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Pregnant by two different fathers??? How is that biologically possible?

If it were to happen it would have been an incredible stroke of random chance.

(not familiar with the case, I genereally avoid Irish politics because it makes me laugh and cry alternately)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Well if htey were non identical (paternal?) then it wouldn't be that unlikely if she had sex with two guys around the same time. It all comes down to odds and sperm dominance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Babies_Tribunal

this is a short article which explains how it is possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the younger daughter was on today denying all knowlegde of her father criminalty although did make the point that paul williams was profiting off his crimes as much as her siter was... they also had the forsesics guy he tried to blow up it was sadto hear the ongoing complications (to his life) he has freom his injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mad Finn

Super fecundation lives!!!

Gerry O'Carroll vindicated!!!

Check out this story on RTE.

Mind you, you have to be a bit of a slapper and put it about with two guys in quick succession for there even to be a chance of it working.

My memory of the Kerry Babies case was that they tied themselves in knots trying to explain who the "other" man in the love triangle could have been. Everybody in the neighbourhood knew about the affair between Joanne Hayes and Jeremiah Locke, which had already produced a daughter. But there was no evidence of another man, no matter how hard the Guards looked.

Didn't they even find a man's name written on her mattress and think "Aha. There's our boy!" Because, yep, that's what men do when they score: write their names all over the mattress. I'm sure we've all done it. Kilroy was here!

Turns out it was a guy who worked in the shop that sold the mattress several years before and had since emigrated.

Bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Current affairs, yes. Politics? Not so sure. Is this going somewhere political?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Mad Finn wrote: »
    Gerry O'Carroll vindicated!!!

Check out this story on RTE.

Gonna make a profound statement and say that that article actually decreases the likelihood that it's happened before ?
    Lab officials said they have never seen this type of result, nor do they expect to see it again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement