Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade fee

Options
  • 05-10-2007 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I've been with Digiweb for 12months and I have not been using my 30GB traffic allowance so I want to move to Digiweb Metrolite. They want to charge me a €25 downgrade fee. Is this usual. With this and the 20% price hike on Lite I'm tempted to shop around instead.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you are with eircom dsl ( or with any reseller of eircom dsl) the downgrade fee is €30 + Vat unless you establish that the operator missold you a package which is too fast for your line .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Allowance is not there to be "used up", It's a limit.

You are paying for a good connection with better than basic DSL upload speed (256k rather than 128k, I think,)

I'm on 10Mbps with a 120G limit (or maybe no limit). But I rarely use more than 10G. Once ever I used 20G in several days.

I wouldn't downgrade just because I'm not using up my cap. You never know when MS may release a massive SP or you decide to download a shiny new version of Ubuntu Linux. + Vmware free palyer or server to run it in your Windows.

Watty

This is Ireland so STOP winding people up with yer 10mbits willya :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Watty

This is Ireland so STOP winding people up with yer 10mbits willya :(

9MB in Ireland - http://www.cablesurf.com/
    He's not exactly winding people up :)

Watty has never lived in advanced connectivity areas like Dungarvan or Longford where you gets your 9mbits as standard :p

He will really start th'oul teeth grinding nationwide if he tells us thats symmetrical as well :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Well its 1 to 2Mbps upstream.

Advertisement