Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can i do with €10,000?

Options
  • 05-10-2007 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

so i have saved up that much
    anyways, want to start looking into getting a house/apartment .. should i be looking at affordable housing / shared ownership most likely if i wanna live in Dublin ?
    i read a brief post by someone esle about it , saying you needed 15000 plus 1300 or something ? is that all i would need ?? (appox of course)
    i m just asking on here as i dont like banks i dont understand all the stuff about mortages etc .. & i dont have one person in real life to help me
    so before i look like a idiot asking when i only have 10000, am i close to what i need for any type of desposit for affordable housing / shared ownership , or otherwise ... ? is near enough or way too little ????
    be greatful for any help
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Check out the websites for the various councils in Dublin - Dublin City Council, Fingal & South Dublin County Council as they all have slightly different rules for affordable housing.

I applied through Dublin City Council and i didn't need any deposit or proof of savings. Having said that, if you can't get a mortgage for the amount you need then you will need savings to make up the rest.

You really should talk to a bank/mortgage broker to work out how much of a mortgage you could get and start from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hi Marystar,i was lucky enough to get pulled out of the draw for an affordable house in Dublin.I had saving but DCC didnt want it.All you have to have is 1500 depoist if you get pulled out.Fairplay to you saving and keep it up.:)

Advertisement