Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from south east

Options
  • 05-10-2007 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭

I'm banned from all the sub forums under the south east heading, i dont know why as i was never notified of a ban

I've pm'd the mod twice but it doest look like he's going to write back

Can i find out anywhere what this ban was for and how long it is?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is it the issue of you not knowing why you were banned (which Im sure you are already aware of) or is it the issue that the mod did not respond to your PM's?

Mods arent robots and can only reply to PMs when they are online and when they have the time. In any event a mod doesn't necessarily have to PM you in relation to a ban but if your "offense" wasnt clear cut then a Pm would be the normal way to handle things.

Have you checked the thread/post concerned to see if the mod has posted details of your ban on it and can you provide a link? (log out first and that will allow you to view the threads)

How long has it been since you sent your PM's to the mod concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have an idea of why I was banned, something not too serious, but I haven't seen anywhere that this is why I was banned.

I checked the thread a few weeks ago and there was no mention of me being banned in it, the thread is no longer on the forum now as no one has posted in it for a few weeks/

It's been 2 or 3 weeks since I pm'd the mod, I realise that the mod isnt a robot but I feel it would be courteous to reply after 3 weeks and 2 pm's

It's been 2 or 3 weeks since I pm'd the mod, I realise that the mod isnt a robot but I feel it would be courteous to reply after 3 weeks and 2 pm's
    Thats a fair enough point. If you are banned from the main South East forum you are also automatically banned from all the sub fora which would explain why you cant access any of them.

Which mod did you PM? I think I read (not sure about this now) that flamegrill isnt as active as some other mods so you may look to PM someone else or the catmod about this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I have an idea of why I was banned, something not too serious, but I haven't seen anywhere that this is why I was banned.

I checked the thread a few weeks ago and there was no mention of me being banned in it, the thread is no longer on the forum now as no one has posted in it for a few weeks/

Scroll down to the bottom of the main page on the South East forum.
    You will see the option to show all threads from the past month.
    Click on the drop down menu and select "beginning".
    The thread is still there, just not visible until you select that option.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

May I point out that the mod for South East has been ignoring all PMs and threads, at least on the Waterford Forum. Its been going on for ages, months in fact.

The issue was brought up at least twice, and the last I heard was the admins were to make a decision on electing a new mod. (At least, for the Waterford Forum)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed the admins need a kick up the arse on this issue.

Appoint a Moderator who is not (apparently) dead!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Who would have banned me though if the mod isn't active?

But yes I agree south east forum needs a mod who will do his job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

An a-mod, s-mod or admin can ban you too. THere has to be more then 1 mod in south east

Yeah, I pm'ed the mod about spam in the wexford forum a couple of times but never got a response..

He did post a thread about electing new mods but never followed through..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

muffler wrote:
    Which mod did you PM? I think I read (not sure about this now) that flamegrill isnt as active as some other mods so you may look to PM someone else or the catmod about this issue.
    flamegrill isn't really that active at all on boards anymore, he's also rarely in the Unix forum which he also mods. Thankfully Unix doesn't need much looking after though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

This issue has been raised before.

I have done so again today.

Yes indeed. And I have seen this matter raised at least once if not twice in recent times.

Perhaps the admins will look into this or better still would someone just propose a new mod and let them deal with it then

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

An a-mod, s-mod or admin can ban you too. THere has to be more then 1 mod in south east

A-Mod's only mod adverts.ie...

feylya wrote:
    A-Mod's only mod adverts.ie...
    you still have teh site ban......

hmmmm why doesnt mike or scully mod it? They are southerners. Not to far from my home town really, yeah for our super cool radio

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

you still have teh site ban......

hmmmm why doesnt mike or scully mod it? They are southerners. Not to far from my home town really, yeah for our super cool radio

They wouldn't have the ability to ban from individual forums though.

They wouldn't have the ability to ban from individual forums though.
    ahhh I see, well that still leaves s-mods and admin, if the proper mod has gone AWOL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

there is no cmod for the region category.

and if you had been banned by an smod, there probably would have been enough to warrant a pm.

if the category is in need of an cmod, i'll do it until we can get someone else if you want.

This issue was raised in the South East forum a while ago, with a new structure proposed so that each county sub forum gets a local mod..

However the thread seems to have vanished from the SE forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This issue was raised in the South East forum a while ago, with a new structure proposed so that each county sub forum gets a local mod..

However the thread seems to have vanished from the SE forum..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055077595

Flamegrill would probably have been better off raising the subject in the mod forum and nominating a few people.

Terry wrote:

Flamegrill would probably have been better off raising the subject in the mod forum and nominating a few people.
    That would have been the best option.

In saying that Flamegrill hasn't been logged on in the last 8 days which is hardly fulfilling a mods duties.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    That would have been the best option.

In saying that Flamegrill hasn't been logged on in the last 8 days which is hardly fulfilling a mods duties.

perhaps he is on holiday. hardly crime of the century not to log in for a week or two :)

why not wait and find out what the story is before talking about duty.

perhaps he is on holiday. hardly crime of the century not to log in for a week or two :)

On face value thats a fair enough comment WWM and I wasn't being critical of Flamefrill but merely pointing out a reason as to why there has been no feedback from him. Its not for me to make assumptions as to why he hasn't been logged in.

But most mods would post up in the mods forum if they are heading off for a while. In any event this is not the first time that this issue has been raised and yes it would be good for those fora if someone like yourself would step up to the role of cmod

Terry wrote:

How do you view threads that aren't listed on the forums pages (ie old threads such as that which have dropped off)?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Go to 'User Settings' - 'Edit Options' - 'Default Thread Age Cut Off' - then select 'Show All Threads'

Cheers - I was thinking it was some mod prviellege!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

No probs. It may slow the loading times down a little though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Terry wrote:

Most of those mentioned in that thread are not active. One of them isn't even in Ireland any more.

As far as I know, the last time this was raised, someone had made a decision on who to take over and they were awaiting on the admins to move. After that, I heard nothing more about it.

This isnt a recent thing, its been going on for a fair long time now. Right back as far as that thread he created - if not further. I created at least two feedback threads on it in the past, but nothing materialised.

He has logged in a few times over the period but never responds to any messages or reported posts. :)

thats fair enough then. if a mod is absent for long periods of time, and isnt responding when they do log in, then thats an issue.

• Advertisement

Sully - you seem in the know here.

What was going to happen then? Was there going to be a mod for each regional forum with an overall CMod who modded South East?

Advertisement