Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

penalty points?

Options
  • 05-10-2007 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

got stopped last nite with 5 people in the car. car torn apart by gardaí found nothing. lot of open drink in the car.

said they stopped me for having a broken tail light. and that i was going to get a fine for the tail light and overcrowding the car.

i asked the garda would i be receiving penalty points for the offence and he said he'd have to check and see if i could get points for overcrowding the car.

can you get points for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What car do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

a 3dr polo..... pretty stupid i know....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

a 3dr polo..... pretty stupid i know....

5 people or 5 people + driver ?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

5people + driver

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

"lot of open drink in the car"

Isn't that illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Maybe in the US of A, but having drink open in a car here is no offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

5people + driver

In a punto.

You let someone be carried in your car without a seatbelt on ?

If it was me i would give you 3 months off the road to reflect what a stupid act that was. You must not have much respect for your and your friends life. Sad really.

And people wonder why insurance is high for under 25's.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

can you get points for this?

I don't think so. If none of the passengers that weren't wearing a seatbelt were under 17 then you can't get penalty points

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm not sure but I think even for over 17s you have to provide a seat belt for them, whether they wear it or not is up to them, but I think you must have a seat belt for each passenger

Advertisement