Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football tonight, 5/10/07

• 05-10-2007 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

HD, surround sound, just like real life... Oh, wait... ;)

Cork City 7:45 Shamrock Rovers Turner's Cross
    Drogheda United 7:45 Sligo Rovers United Park
    Galway United 7:45 Longford Town Terryland Park
    St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 :cool: Bohemians Richmond Park
    UCD 7:45 Bray Wanderers Belfield Park
    Waterford United 7:45 Derry City RSC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Huge game for Longford up in Galway tonight. A win is vital, we play UCD, Waterford and Bray after this so need to get at least 8 points from those fixtures to give us a chance and try get something of Bohzzz and Derry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Division 1:
    05 Oct 19:45 Limerick 37 vs Wexford Youths 4/6 12/5 7/2
    07 Oct 15:00 Monaghan Utd vs Finn Harps 7/2 12/5 4/6
    05 Oct 20:00 Shelbourne vs Kilkenny City 4/9 13/5 6/1
    06 Oct 19:00 Athlone Town vs Dundalk 11/4 9/4 5/6
    06 Oct 19:45 Cobh Ramblers vs Kildare County 2/5 3/1 11/2

Massive game for Dundalk too. Must win game down in Athlone and they have every chance of doing so. Dundalk have an excellent record against Athlone and they've won 6/6 games against them in the past year scoring 19 and conceding just 2. Its fair to say Duindalk haven't been in good form lately but there were signs against Shels that we're slowly getting back to our best.

Gonna jump on the Shels bandwagon this week and i've taken them @6/4 to beat Kilkenny HT-FT. Kilkennys last 4 aways have ended 5-1 3-0 6-0 and 4-0, lets face it thats pathetic! Cobh should beat Kildare handy enough and i'm hoping Monaghan can do Dundalk a favour and nick a draw against harps. Limerick Wexford looks drawy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City are on a decent run, and Shams are beginning to creak, so the obvious result at the cross is a Shams win ;) . Huge game for both sides, big 6 pointer.

Hopefully Sligo can get something from Drogs and a draw at SPA Bohs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Bohs to beat Pats
    Cork to draw with Rovers
    Drogheda to beat Sligo

That would do nicely, thank you.

gimmick wrote:
    City are on a decent run, and Shams are beginning to creak, so the obvious result at the cross is a Shams win ;) . Huge game for both sides, big 6 pointer.

Hopefully Sligo can get something from Drogs and a draw at SPA Bohs.
    Cork will win that game 2 or 3-0. This will be Rovers second away match in 72 hours. Plus they had the best goalkeeper in the league sent off against Bray which means he misses out tonight. Think Farrelly and Healy are back for Cork as well and Behan can't stop scoring this weatehr. Shamrock Rovers are fcuked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

4/9 isn't a bad price at all on Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

eirebhoy wrote:

Shels are down a few for this one:

Here is a press release issued on behalf of Shelbourne Football Club

Shelbourne v Kilkenny City

Following last week’s defeat by Dundalk, Shelbourne will be looking for a win on Friday night to get back on track and try to finish in the top four.

Shels will, however, have to take on the ‘Cats’ without Glen Lacey (Ham String), Alan Keely (Ankle) and Brian Gartland (Toe Infection), while Stuart Malcolm faces a fitness test before being cleared to play.

On the brighter side, Tony O’Dowd is fit again, his shoulder injury having cleared up and is likely to return to the starting line-up.

Shels made some mention a few weeks back about letting all of the squad have a chance to prove themselves worthy of new contracts for the end of the season.

Just giving you the info eirebhoy, I wouldn't necessarily put you off backing them but 4/9 I'd like to have all my ducks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

eirebhoy wrote:

We have no center halves tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Pighead wrote:
    Cork will win that game 2 or 3-0. This will be Rovers second away match in 72 hours. Plus they had the best goalkeeper in the league sent off against Bray which means he misses out tonight. Think Farrelly and Healy are back for Cork as well and Behan can't stop scoring this weatehr. Shamrock Rovers are fcuked!

micheal devine plays with cork city, i assume you got a bit confused there..

looking forward to the game.. fancy us to win by the odd goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Roar wrote:
    micheal devine plays with cork city, i assume you got a bit confused there..

looking forward to the game.. fancy us to win by the odd goal

you have got to be kidding micheal devine is shocking:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

telecaster wrote:
    Just giving you the info eirebhoy, I wouldn't necessarily put you off backing them but 4/9 I'd like to have all my ducks in a row.
    Cheers. I'll go with low stakes on Pighead's ht/ft instead.

redzerdrog wrote:
    you have got to be kidding micheal devine is shocking:eek:

To be fair, Devine is having a poor season by his standards, but for the last 3-4 years he has been the best keeper in the league. No mean feat with keepers like Murphy and Ryan around. He is 34 afer all and cant go on forever.

yeh he WAS a good keeper but this season he has been very poor and has cost cork points. I think barry ryan is prob the best in the league at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Great wins for us (Galway) and Waterford at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Worst game of football I ever saw in my life in Tolka Park tonight.

Shels were totally devoid of any attacking ideas against a very bad Kilkenny City.

0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

After tonights results the league table is looking more realistic.

Drogs and Cork are ahead of everybody else, only thing is that the best footballing team in the league will probably finish 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

I didn't realize Paul Osam posted here. :)

Drogs and Cork are ahead of everybody else, only thing is that the best footballing team in the league will probably finish 2nd.

No, I think Drogs will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

cork fans make me laugh. Going on like they're Barca or arsenal playing sexy football. Simple fact - Drogs are best team in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

DesF wrote:
    Worst game of football I ever saw in my life in Tolka Park tonight.

Shels were totally devoid of any attacking ideas against a very bad Kilkenny City.

0-0.
    Ah the first half wasn't too bad.

• Advertisement

as joe gamble would say himself we molested sligo tonight and defo deserved the win. they had a couple of good chances but a couple of good saves from dan the man kept us in it. we prob created more chances tonight than any game this year and some of the football was top class it was a joy to watch but all in all it was a massive 3 points and i am over the moon it is another step closer to our first league title.

by the way for all those that say drogs disgraced the league in europe this year helsingbourgs won 5-1 last night against heeranveen (sp) from holland to qualify for the group stage:cool:

Great game in the cross last night. Rovers played some nice stuff and defended really well. they would have got a point had Digger not dropped an easy header into the net. Strange as it sounds, I think City well deserved the points last night, but Rovers had better and more chances.

3 teams in 2nd now. City can ease into 2nd on their own if they beat UCD witht he game in hand Monday. Wouldnt bet against it.

Healy really showed what he is capable of las night. farrelly played excellent also. The Shams ;)

redzerdrog wrote:
    yeh he WAS a good keeper but this season he has been very poor and has cost cork points. I think barry ryan is prob the best in the league at the moment.

care to provide any examples of that? cant seem to remember him costing us many points this season, if any..

good result for us last night, could have done with another goal or two though..

and that man denis behan.. what can i say? absolute LEGEND

8 goals in 5 now, and long may it continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We nearly had a shot vs Bohs :eek:

What table you looking at applehunter?

Cork are 4th :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

KdjaCL wrote:
    We nearly had a shot vs Bohs :eek:
    kdjac
    Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

SectionF wrote:
    Huh?

I think what he was trying to say was they could of played for two weeks solid and they still wouldn't have beaten Murphy :D

ntlbell wrote:
    I think what he was trying to say was they could of played for two weeks solid and they still wouldn't have beaten Murphy :D

I think what he was trying to say was they could have played for two weeks solid and they still wouldn't have beaten an empty net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PDN wrote:
    I think what he was trying to say was they could have played for two weeks solid and they still wouldn't have beaten an empty net.

4 games this season only shot on target was a free kick the keeper should should have saved.

At least we nearly had our best 11 playing, Kerrs full time players only play policy seems to be relaxed now :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

PDN wrote:

sorry I forgot the sarcasam tags I thought the smiley would have helped.

• Advertisement

city and the students tonight in belfield

UCD in good form recently, as have been city, so could we actually see an entertaining game of football in belfield?

i doubt it..

fancy city to win, by one or two Behans..

Is kick off at 7.45?

I might head over to this.

yup 7.45

stupid work is keeping me from going to it, always enjoy going to belfield for some weird reason..

2-0 to Cork at half time. Looks like they'll leapfrog both Pats and Rovers to move into 2nd place. They're having a great second half to the season. That man Behan scored the 2nd. He just can't stop scoring at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

9 in 6 now for Behan isn't it?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    9 in 6 now for Behan isn't it?

correct. finished 2-1. got a text to say we were "really comfortable"..

thats us up to second now, happy days

• Advertisement

If only if only ;)

Worst thing about tonights result is Drogs can concievably win the title when we play them in Belfield Friday week :eek: . Thats a sickening thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

pretty boring game to be honest, both teams looked poor.

gimmick wrote:
    If only if only ;)

Worst thing about tonights result is Drogs can concievably win the title when we play them in Belfield Friday week :eek: . Thats a sickening thought.
    Why are yiz playing Drogs in Belfield?

Obviously I meant in Drogheda, but you can see where I made the mistake, but are bleak, horrid, almost uninhabitable places with little or no life, prospects or anything positive about them.

Advertisement