Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP activation after mobo change

• 05-10-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi, I changed my mobo last night, but XP now wants activation BEFORE I logon. Obviously the system is a bit half baked after the mobo change.
    I can logon to xp in safe mode (no networking) and got my network adaptor working. But I can't see the status of my network aconnections, and I still cannot access the activation server, either in safe or normal mode.

I THINK it's just my network connections that need sorting... I can't start the network connection wizard in safe mode (no network).

Any ideas out there?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Is there an option to activate by phone? If so it's a fairly straight forward process...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

yep, there is an option to "telephone a representive" or something.
    I have a legit copy, but I don't have my documentation for it to hand.

I'll keep poking and see if there is a way when logged on in safe mode to cough the network services to life, then activate thru web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You don't need any documentation. All you have to do when you ring them is give them the number that the activation dialog tells you.

Although, if I had changed the motherboard in my own system I would personally reinstall the operating system from scratch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

[pedantic]Don't forget that XP OEM license doesn't allow you to change the motherboard [/pedantic]

have a look at your DHCP server to see if an IP has been handed out to that machine, if a home network the DHCP server may be your router / access point

yes you can activate by phone, there should be a very long number on the activation screen that you call out to the person at the other end of the line , the number depends on your regional settings.

Advertisement