Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chinadvdwholesaler.com

• 05-10-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.chinadvdwholesaler.com

dunno if this has been mentioned on here before, but it is RIDICULOUSLY cheap, and ive been told from someone whos ordered from it that its bang on

gonna be stickin a hefty order in later meself

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Some of those prices are unreal, are they legit discs ?

I mean Simpsons Seasons 1 - 18 for $100 ? That cant be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Heroes S1 8 Disk box disk is $20..
    I know they are the chinese version but that has to be too good to be true.

Well most of them claim full english audio & visual but Chinese carachters on the boxes/sleeves. I mean I could live with that, anyone shed some light ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

There knock off's, I bought **** like this from ebay before and its all pirated rubbish, got Sopranos season 1-6 for €50 and the first 4 seasons were ok but the later ones were direct tv rips...not great...

majiktripp wrote:
    There knock off's, I bought **** like this from ebay before and its all pirated rubbish, got Sopranos season 1-6 for €50 and the first 4 seasons were ok but the later ones were direct tv rips...not great...

That what I thought alright, ah well one can always dream ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah they have a contact email via hotmail. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

majiktripp wrote:

well yer man whos bought before reckons theyre bang on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

c - 13 wrote:
    Some of those prices are unreal, are they legit discs ?

I mean Simpsons Seasons 1 - 18 for $100 ? That cant be right.
    Havent visited the site yet but if they are selling Simpsons seasons up to no. 18 then there is definitely something wrong as there are only 10 seasons of the Simpsons

theyre in the 19th season at the moment skip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Only up as far as season 10 has been released on DVD officially (region 2 at least...)
    Looks a wee bit dodgy to me:p

• Advertisement

Helix wrote:
    theyre in the 19th season at the moment skip
    Season 10 was only released on DVD in September 2007. There are no later full seasons available for purchase here so it proves the point that they are selling pirated copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

muffler wrote:
    Season 10 was only released on DVD in September 2007. There are no later full seasons available for purchase here so it proves the point that they are selling pirated copies.

This is correct for region 2 im sure there are probably more seasons released in the US or Asia

edit: forget about it I think im wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They'd be in boxes, printed discs, so they're not DVD-Rs with the name of the series written on in marker, but that doesn't mean they're legit. I have the CSI DVDs they have on that site, the exact same ones (season 1 - 6) and some seem to be copies of legal DVDs, some of the discs are also quite iffy quality and won't be read by some players. Some episodes are even mislabelled in the menus on the other discs.

You'll find people selling these same boxsets on Ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

koneko wrote:
    They'd be in boxes, printed discs, so they're not DVD-Rs with the name of the series written on in marker, but that doesn't mean they're legit. I have the CSI DVDs they have on that site, the exact same ones (season 1 - 6) and some seem to be copies of legal DVDs, some of the discs are also quite iffy quality and won't be read by some players. Some episodes are even mislabelled in the menus on the other discs.

You'll find people selling these same boxsets on Ebay.
    Exactly, OP if you want to buy them then buy them! But you get what you pay for....caveat emptor and all o' that.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

I only came back from Vietnam a few weeks ago and I bought some of the Chinese Box Sets of DVD's over there. They are all copies but the quality is grand. Got Heroes for $20, All James Bond Movies for $23 and loads more. All are in in boxes and are in English with subtitles that you can just switch off. As regards getting them from this site I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

picked up something similar in nepal during the summer. got all the bond movies on two dvds for < €5. Saw the simpsons 1 - 18 for < €40. proper cardboard box but definitely fake!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think a good rule of thumb for these sites is only to order stuff that has been released on DVD.

I've bought movies from a Vietnamese website before while the stuff was still in theatres, and the quality was crap. That said, the older released stuff was usually fine.

I'm thinkin' about taking a gamble on Season 3 of Battlestar Galactica.

Im tempted to order myself but I have this niggling fear about the credit card details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Helix wrote:
    well yer man whos bought before reckons theyre bang on

Let us know how good they are when you buy them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I just went through to the checkout and a $30 box set costs another $30 to ship.

Not quite the bargain they first seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

latest simpsons on dvd is season 11 !
    anyway i bough some futurama all season from a bazar, everything is grand just that it might skip sometime and cd might not read, if only they used better quality cds :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I would say the quality will be complete rubbish. Most of these I have seen have quality similar to cinema recorded rubbish you used to pick up on VHS tapes. Some people are under the illusion that because it's burned on a DVD that the quality is somehow guaranteed to be good :rolleyes:

cosgrove80 wrote:
    I just went through to the checkout and a $30 box set costs another $30 to ship.

Not quite the bargain they first seem.

$30 per order, not per unit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    I would say the quality will be complete rubbish. Most of these I have seen have quality similar to cinema recorded rubbish you used to pick up on VHS tapes. Some people are under the illusion that because it's burned on a DVD that the quality is somehow guaranteed to be good :rolleyes:

stuff available on dvd is actually a copy of the dvd . so quality will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The skin and blister got a non available disney dvd ,from a china ebayer.

They flatpacked the cover with the dvd and sent it as a present.

It was an original ,with chinese details. But ran like a normal dvd (english)

If I was stuck I'd trust an eastern seller ,as long as they were over 10k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Helix wrote:
    $30 per order, not per unit

I added more and it went up to $57. It's based on weight

Advertisement