Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham moving?

• 05-10-2007 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it...

Just read that Tottenham might be leaving White Hart Lane. I know they were talking about extending WHL, but I never thought moving was a real option.
    Apparently the most likely place for the new arena is Enfield, 25miles or so away from WHL.

Guess we will know in four weeks, when the yearly report comes in and Daniel Levy tells the shareholders whats going on.

If anyone has more info on this it'd be great if you could post it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs have bought up almost all of the property around WHL so I'd still have redevelopment of the Lane as the most likely outcome. Some talk of the pitch being rotated 90% which would mean having to move out for some time...rumours of us being tenants at Upton Park or the Emirates (ugh to both)...talk of Wembley is wide of the mark IMO as the stadium is limited to a certain number of events per year and we wouldn't have access for all our "home" games.

There's talk of moving to Tottenham Marshes which would put us closer to Northumberland Park train station (there's an underground depot there that Spurs are pushing to have opened as a passenger stop) or moving to a greenfield site north of Tottenham...that's the least popular option among fans, I'd hate us to move that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

You'll probably get a better response in this forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I think they're moving to the Championship next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

PDN wrote:

Lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PDN wrote:

You'll probably get a better response in this forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You'll probably get a better response in this forum...

ha ha ha quality

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If they move would they still be in our shadow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

keano_afc wrote:
    If they move would they still be in our shadow??

Well it's difficult for local clubs to compete with continental teams;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Babybing wrote:
    Well it's difficult for local clubs to compete with continental teams;)

It is when you spend £16m on Darren Bent :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement