Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

depression, does it get any better?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Can I recommend this be transferred to Personal Issues? There will be a much bigger response for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Jumpy wrote: »
    Can I recommend this be transferred to Personal Issues? There will be a much bigger response for him.

Quality of replies is more important than volume imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

the op started the thread here, so I'll leave it here, but yeah - op, if you do want me to move it, just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have been depressed on and off for about 17 years, and when the need arises I go back on Prozac, I have finally come to the conclusion that I will be taking prozac on and off for the rest of my life . . . . and hey so what . . . if it helps me cope and live a normal life . . . what ever normal is . I really hated myself and was in to self mutalation . . . but seeing a very good psychologist helped and he gave me tools to deal with life . . . . but sometimes things just get you so far down it's hard to come back up to the surface . . . and it's recognising this that helps me . . . and I hit the prozac again . . . . I'm thinking of building a shrine to prozac . . . when I'm on it everyday's a sunshine day. When i feel the depression decending I have morbid thoughts and thoughts run around and around in my head, I'm very snappy, tired but stil unable to sleep at night waking around 3 in the morning. The underlying problem needs to be dealt with and you definately need professional help . . . panic attacks are dreadful . . . but i've learned to control them . . . and not let them get all out of hand . . . . the ones in the middle of the night are the worst . . . it's a shame there's such a stigma attached to depression because I think if people were more open we would all be surprised by who suffers from depression. and you should never be ashamed of how you're feeling . . . . they're your feelings and you own them nobody else can feel your pain or suffering, so you need to get to a doctor and get yourself on some anti depressants, and if they're not working within a month go back and get the script change til you find something that does work . . . believe me you will feel much better taking something . . . and as for getting some therapy . . as bad and all as you feel now you'll feel 10 times worse when going through your therapy . . . cause everything you've blocked or hidden away comes out and has to be dealt with and with that comes a lot of emotion but you will wake up one morning and you will realise you don't feel as bad as you did. As for suicide attempts . . . yes i've tried . . . and you know I dont' feel ashamed . . . because I can look back down that well and see how low I felt . . . I hope you get the help you need because life can be good . . . and stop feeling ashamed of your depression . . . you have to forgive people for their ignorance

Advertisement