Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamonn Keane

• 05-10-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Is it just me or does anybody else find Eamonn Keane on Newstalk painfully unfunny? The sketches they do are just plain embarrassing and he insists on playing them again at the end of the show often cutting short a "real" article.
    As you have probably guessed I am not his biggest fan and I can just about stomach him when he is being, for want of a better phrase, normal, but when he is trying to be funny......:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I e-mailed his programme about this, never got a reply!

He can be very annoying both in his style and the way he presumes rather too much about his audiences' prejudices - they may not be the same as his.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Cant stand him as a presenter, repeats ad-nauseum that politicians are "full of aul guff"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Since they started doing the sketches I've pretty much stopped listening.

He stops interviews saying he has some "Important breakíng news" which leaves us expecting something important and then cuts to him doing a Willie O'Dea impersonation.

He does annoy me at times, but then so did Kiberd and Brendan O'Brien when they did the Lunchtime show.

I just think the sketches are a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

he takes the whole anti fianna fail thing much too far. you can here him getting all smug and excited before he plays those crap sketches.

he's far too biased to be working on such a show, as a future candidate for FG he really should declare his vested interests.

Whoa! Where did you get that nugget from?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Amz wrote:
    "Important breakíng news"

I absolutely hate when he does this, I actually turned to 104 the last time he said it. Jesus, he's becoming like Sky News with the breaking news. Surely all news should be breaking anyway, otherwise it wouldn't be news.

Bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

"Bear with on this now....."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Couple of weeks ago he warned listeners of " very important breaking news" but we'd have to wait until AFTER an ad break! When the ad break ended he went in to some "comedy" sketch...and THAT was the breaking news!! Why I oughta....

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

Sweet Jebus he is doing it again. why does he insist on trying to be funny? It is always the same "jokes" too. If anybody says anything good about a politician then its "sure she is your wife/mother/sister" or "guest A and Guest B will be doing a duet later on". He tries to be so witty and he just makes an absolute tool of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Was going to ask what time he is on at as I've never heard his show but after seeing him on the Late Late last night I don't think I'll bother.
    you can here him getting all smug

Spot on! He is smugness personified!

• Advertisement

What was he doing on the (not) late late (enough)?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Discussing drug culture in Ireland when I flicked over for 60 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

mick_irl wrote: »
    Discussing drug culture in Ireland when I flicked over for 60 seconds.

And drink!

Advertisement