Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forest walks for dogs?

Options
  • 05-10-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone know anywhere in the dunshaughlin/navan area to go walking with my dog? im trying to find somewhere nice to bring him for good long walks. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

you could try dalgan park, though its not too forested, or Balrath Woods near Kentstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

how would u get to those places coming from Dunshaughlin to Navan? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Dalgan Park is on the left hand side of the main N3 to Navan, just past Garlow Cross (Tara na Ri pub).

oh yeah ive seen that place.wasnt sure if public were allowed in or not. will have a look. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭giardiniera

if you walk them in dalgan you have to keep them on a lead, its a wildlife sanctuary.
    you could try the ramparts in navan, if you're coming from dunsh. go into navan under the railway bridge and cross the first bridge after that. after the spicers building you'll see the carpark. you can let the dogs off the lead in there. .

• Advertisement

thats great thanks. i tried dlagan park and there are signs saying no dogs allowed. I will try that place near navan. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jambon

Balrath woods is not very big so not much good for long walks, ie over 40mins or so, ramparts is ok but unfortunately is only a there and back type walk as it goes along the boyne and the canal from navan out to slane, tryin to think of any place else suitable for dogs will post when i think of some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Hi

Wot about the fairy house race course. Lots of locals walk their dogs around the course each evening. You do have to climb over the gate at entrance but it is ok to be there, dont worry. Great walk... About 1.5 miles.

I'd recommend Donadea forest park, though it's slightly across the border in Kildare!

Advertisement