Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AUDI A4 Problems

Options
  • 05-10-2007 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi my brother is having some engine problem with his audi

1998 audi A4 1.6 petrol 160Kmls

symptoms include
    intermittent high rough idle 1000 - 1100 RPM which tends to go away after turning off and restarting.
    Very low fuel economy
    Lag in power taking off (ie )

HE just told me that it sounds perfect today when the fuel is almost empty.:rolleyes: but it could be down to the sunshine too:rolleyes:

The car is doing 3500RPM @100kph is this normal? my 1.6 does 2500RPM @ 100kpm. but then the primera is probably lighter.
    he went to the audi garage and was told he had to wait 3 weeks to get them to plug their computer into it to find out what the computer says and wanted 95 € for the privailage
    i belive the at least one of the coils were changed recently.

Any ideas as to what could be the probleM
    thanks

Advertisement